PDA

View Full Version : on again, off again

jgyoungmd
09-24-2004, 11:52 PM
i recently purchased the gpo. i have been using the gpo studio host program and the overture notation program and using the template for full orchestra with both. recently i was able to program the notes in the overture and was able to hear the sounds and even record them as wave files. i went upstairs and returned and i could no longer hear the notes. i tried everything to regain that initial status where i could edit the notes and hear the sounds of the pitch changes, but now i hear nothing. i have tried to repeat exactly what i did when i was successful, reintstalling everything, using every combination i could think of, but no sound.
what am i doing wrong?
jgyoungmd

Joseph Burrell
09-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Hmmm... Are you starting Studio first. If you don't do that sometimes the outputs in Overture SE get messed up.

jgyoungmd
09-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Hmmm... Are you starting Studio first. If you don't do that sometimes the outputs in Overture SE get messed up.

yes i start the studio first. i don't know whether to load the template for the full orchestra first, then go to overture and load the template for the full orchestra. Or to start studio, then go to overture and load the template from the load, edit part of studio. I don't even know if it matters
jgyoungmd

Joseph Burrell
09-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Make sure that when you load the template in Studio that you're getting CPU usage at the bottom of the screen. If it is set at zero, you need to restart Studio. I only mention this because it happens to me occasionally. I just restart or reload and everythings okay.