PDA

View Full Version : Native Instruments Problems

fittsy
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
According to NI I am allowed two parallel installations of NI players. I want to use Allegro to access GPO Studio since it is the only path available from this program. Unfortunately Studio is no longer functional with the advent of KP-2. So I bought a second computer with the thought of installing GPO and JABB in the old KP-1 format. I had installed GPO and JABB on my laptop and now wish to remove them and install both on the new computer in the old format. Bad choice!! NI no longer lets me de-activate the laptop installation. Hey guys, I used to think that changing the rules in the middle of the game was not appropriate. I think I'm never going to buy another program that uses NI players. Caveat Emptor.

Nickie Fønshauge
12-14-2007, 07:30 AM
According to NI I am allowed two parallel installations of NI players. I want to use Allegro to access GPO Studio since it is the only path available from this program. Unfortunately Studio is no longer functional with the advent of KP-2. So I bought a second computer with the thought of installing GPO and JABB in the old KP-1 format. I had installed GPO and JABB on my laptop and now wish to remove them and install both on the new computer in the old format. Bad choice!! NI no longer lets me de-activate the laptop installation. Hey guys, I used to think that changing the rules in the middle of the game was not appropriate. I think I'm never going to buy another program that uses NI players. Caveat Emptor.
1) You can use KP2 with Allegro. If you are on a PC, route your MIDI from Allegro to KP2 with Midi-Yoke. I'm sure there is something similar to Midi-Yoke on Mac.

2) When you register NI products, use the latest version of Service Center for it. Do NOT use the old, obsolete Registration Tool! SC should perform the necessary de-activation.

truckermusic
03-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Nicki
I just got my copy of JBB and tried to open the NI Service Center to registar my copy...Only I got a blank screen.....I went to NI home page.....looked and looked for answers.......downloaded what I thought was the newer version of SC...same thing.....I downloaded a copy of Adobe flash player........still no luck.....I tried for 1 hour and 45 min with no luck.........have any idea's on what I may be doing wrong?????
Cliff

Nickie Fønshauge
03-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Cliff, you should use Service Center 1.2.3.2 (http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=freeupdates). I imagine you already tried that, though. The SC installer will install Flash Player 9, if you don't already have this installed. Only Flash Player 8 & 9 are supported. Make sure you don't have an older version in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash (on WinXP).

It could of course also be, that the SC file, you downloaded, was corrupt. There has been a heavy burden on the NI servers lately due to several updates and a new freeware program. Try a re-download.

If this doesn't help, then I suggest you post your problem at the NI Product Installation and Activation (http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/forumdisplay.php?f=156) sub forum. The moderators and NI staff might be able to help.

truckermusic
03-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Nikki
not only was the flash player corrupt but so was the service center files......I uninstalled and then reinstalled several times and FINALLY got it.....so now I'm using it......struggling like crazy....went round and round and round with it .....BUT...!!!!! and I mean BU"T!!!!!!!! I got a useable tune finally......I am going to try to mix it tomorrow and have it posted Monday.......(TRY TO) and we all know how that goes.........any way
thanks for the info.....I will let you know more later....
Cliff