PDA

View Full Version : on the use of stradivari with a sequencer

pinineco
02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
does anyone on the forum using the stradivari violin with a sequencer care to share a tutorial showing how to implement the use of the keyswitches wthin the sequencer ? I work with logic 8. at the same time can anyone instruct me as to which of the libraries that come with the strad. should I use at one time, should I load them all simultaneously?
thank you all.

pinineco

Reegs
02-09-2008, 12:35 PM
does anyone on the forum using the stradivari violin with a sequencer care to share a tutorial showing how to implement the use of the keyswitches wthin the sequencer ? I work with logic 8. at the same time can anyone instruct me as to which of the libraries that come with the strad. should I use at one time, should I load them all simultaneously?
thank you all.
Hi pinineco,

Keyswitches are easy to implement! Once you've recorded or input your notes, open the sequencer's Piano Roll View (PRV) for your Strad track and then use the pencil or draw tool to create a small note on the pitch corresponding to the keyswitch you want to use. The note will not sound but the articulation style will switch.

There are two patches that come with the Strad: version 1.08 and version 2.01. They differ in their "feel," which gives you two violin sounds to play with. It's very handy when you are writing a duet.:) You can use them simultaneously with no problem, though you should assign them individual midi channels and controller information.

Best,
Reegs

pinineco
02-09-2008, 03:13 PM
thanks a million. yet i had to recur to the forum for an explanation. and I keep on telling myself how bright I am...ha!~|

pinineco

zz0zz
06-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I have a question in the Strad keyswitching there is no assignment for G1?
Yet I get sound???