PDA

View Full Version : Steinway Basic - No Sound

russ6100
10-31-2010, 08:50 PM
My Steinway Basic used to work - with the exact same hardware. I just re-installed it after a Windows XP SP3 re-install.

Nothing in the stand-alone and nothing when loading it as a VST instrument in Cubase Studio 4., (my controller is working fine with other VST instruments)

Seems to me that when I first installed this software (over a year ago), that I had a similar issue that was solved by selecting something from the "Microphone Position", either the drop-down menu in Cubase, or the box in the stand-alone. However, there are no files to load from the stand-alone, and in the drop-down menu in Cubase, all I see is "Empty Slot 1, Empty Slot 2, " etc. all the way to 128 or so.

Maybe I botched the re-install? I ran to set-ups, first from a folder called "Garritan Steinway Basic Setup", I ran Win_Garritan_Steinway_1.02.exe, then I ran Win_Garritan_Steinway_1.03.exe (assuming that was the patch) - don't know if that's correct or not. I dragged the security image over the stand-alone, and it seemed to accept and register / activate.

Any ideas?
Thanks in Advance,
Russ

russ6100
10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Update - I searched and found a folder that contained basic.sfz file that is needed for the "Mic Position" section. I loaded it got a big, long error message from the "Instrument Parser" It contains a long list of Macros that failed to load properly.

The plot thickens.....

Thanks Again in Advance Again....
Ever vigilant,
Russ

Jeff Hurchalla
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM
My guess is you may have installed an update instead of the full product.
I'd uninstall whatever you installed, then head over to
http://www.garritan.com/store/login/?next=/store/registration/downloads/
Once you log in you should see version 1.04 available. When you click to download it, you should see that the file is named Garritan_Steinway_Basic_1.04_FULL.zip
That should with a little luck be enough so everything works for you after installing it.

russ6100
11-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Thanks Jeff - just what the doctor ordered. Up and running in both stand-alone and DAW...

Thanks again Jeff!
Russ