• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: London Solo Strings, what do you think?

Share/Bookmark

London Solo Strings, what do you think?

Hello, everyone.
    I listened demo mp3.
    http://demo.bigfishaudio.net/demo/ldss11.mp3
    What do you think?

Honestly speaking, I was not impressed at all...

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/detail.html?845

Re: London Solo Strings, what do you think?

Hey Ken, I\'ll be beta testing these strings. I\'ll let you know what I think. Try this demo for size. I think you\'ll be very impressed. Keep in mind, these demos are very rough.

( http://inside.bigfishaudio.net/~donnie/violindry.mp3 )

I have to agree. From the two demos I heard at the site I´m not very much impressed either.
    The sound quality seems to be very good though, but several of the expressions in the demos don´t convince me much, specially with the Paganini one.

Then again I´m far from being an expert.

EDIT: but the fact that they seem to include a native kontakt version adds a lot of points in my book.

Well,
    I\'m not an expert either, but I\'m pleased by those demos.
    I listened to them more than once, doing other things on my computer at the same time, and the overall feeling of this \"free\" not-too-focused listen is positive : this sounds very natural, in slow/quiet passages as well as in fast ones.
    Sometimes I had to remember I was not hearing the real thing.
    Much more better than the solo violin in A-O anyway.
    The price is a little bit high to my taste but...

I haven\'t been on this forum long but it wouldn\'t take anyone very long to figure out some of the politics that go on here. This is rather unfortunate considering how great this board really is....

This library is a perfect example. How can the demos NOT blow you away? Like I\'ve said before, if there is a better sounding solo string library then let\'s hear it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

B

Originally posted by blandel:
    I haven\'t been on this forum long but it wouldn\'t take anyone very long to figure out some of the politics that go on here. This is rather unfortunate considering how great this board really is....
    This library is a perfect example. How can the demos NOT blow you away? Like I\'ve said before, if there is a better sounding solo string library then let\'s hear it! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    B
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">--------------------
    Must be that english is not my mother language, but your point is totally unclear to me.
    What do you mean exactly ? Do you judge inapropriate to give one\'s opinion ? I heard, liked, and say it. That\'s all.
    Everyone will make his own opinion about to buy or not to buy, thanks to the links given above.

Originally posted by blandel:
    B
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">--------------------
    Must be that english is not my mother language, but your point is totally unclear to me.
    What do you mean exactly ? Do you judge inapropriate to give one\'s opinion ? I heard, liked, and say it. That\'s all.
    Everyone will make his own opinion about to buy or not to buy, thanks to the links given above.

[quote]Originally posted by sirbellog:
    Originally posted by vaultcomplex:
    Well, for sure, if you have a talented/available/goodwilling voilin player among your friends, why not ?
    But I thought the purpose og Giga libraries are to help people make \"without\"...
    So if you think that way, why use GS ??
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ah yes, very true, but I encourage you to go out and meet some then! Hang out at your local symphony [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Make some friends! You\'ll be surprised by how many players like to play new stuff.

The London solo string demos sound very natural to me and I am impressed. I will be buying them as soon as they are available.

Very beautiful! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m a classical music lover. These strings sound very realistic. You can\'t hear they\'re samples!!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast