• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Elegy For My Youth"

Share/Bookmark

"Elegy For My Youth"

All,

I first posted this over three years ago. The instruments are a combination of GPO and EastWest.

Here is my "Elegy For My Youth"

(My computer crashed and I am unable to compose new works until it is repaired and put back into operation.)

My best to everyone.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Elegy For My Youth"

It's a beautiful Elegy, Larry. I loved hearing from your more serious side this time around.

I'm very sorry to hear you're still sans computer - May the Force be with it soon so you can get back to doing what you love and which we all enjoy so much here at the Forum.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    It's a beautiful Elegy, Larry. I loved hearing from your more serious side this time around.

I'm very sorry to hear you're still sans computer - May the Force be with it soon so you can get back to doing what you love and which we all enjoy so much here at the Forum.

Randy
    Thanks for the sympathy and empathy, Mister Randy.

I hope to have my 'puter repaired pretty soon...maybe...I hope...I guess...

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Nice brass work with your Elegy Larry.

A time to reflect on one's by gone years with your soulful piece.

Good luck on the computer. My right ear has been down recently but it's up and working again.

It just needed a good cleaning out.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Nice brass work with your Elegy Larry.

A time to reflect on one's bygone years with your soulful piece.

Good luck on the computer. My right ear has been down recently but it's up and working again.

It just needed a good cleaning out.

Phil
    It's probably just snow and ice in your ear, Mister Phil. We don't have that problem down here in the sunny, warm Southland. (It's thirty-six degrees Fahrenheit at this moment here in "...the sunny, warm Southland.")

Thanks for your input regarding "Elegy...".

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

Glad to hear again something written by your miraculous hands. A lovely elegy! I hope you don't mean that you are sad about your own youth, because one should never regret his past, unless he wasted his talent and didn't leave a stone turned somewhere on earth (a proof of having existed). Well, you've certainly done so!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

Glad to hear again something written by your miraculous hands. A lovely elegy! I hope you don't mean that you are sad about your own youth, because one should never regret his past, unless he wasted his talent and didn't leave a stone turned somewhere on earth (a proof of having existed). Well, you've certainly done so!

Max
    I am contemplating my mortality, Mister Max. I just had my seventy-ninth birthday on January 30th of this year!

Thanks for your cyber friendship and thank you for listening to my music.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    All,

I first posted this over three years ago. The instruments are a combination of GPO and EastWest.

Here is my "Elegy For My Youth"

(My computer crashed and I am unable to compose new works until it is repaired and put back into operation.)

My best to everyone.
    Ahhh,
    your reflective side. Have to say Larry, it is just as rewarding a listen as your energetic side. Very beautifully stated and nice form/structure to this piece. Great listen this morning!!

Keep them coming,

Cass

Hope that sunny, warm Southland doesn't get too sunny and warm this summer. Just left New Mexico and the last 2 summers have been a doosie. But I know you'll keep your cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Ahhh,
    your reflective side. Have to say Larry, it is just as rewarding a listen as your energetic side. Very beautifully stated and nice form/structure to this piece. Great listen this morning!!

Keep them coming,

Cass

Hope that sunny, warm Southland doesn't get too sunny and warm this summer. Just left New Mexico and the last 2 summers have been a doosie. But I know you'll keep your cool!!!
    Thanks for your nice comments, Mister Cass. I always enjoy hearing from such a talented person as you.

I hope that you recover healthwise very soon.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Been a little distracted lately and I am trying to catch up on my listening. This is a wonderful piece and befitting the title. I do hope you get your machine running soon as I have come to look forward to your music on this forum.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast