• Register
  • Help

Topic: Studio Grand 88

Studio Grand 88

I recently purchased the Studio Grand 88 from biggagiggas.com. I had a technical problem which required some attention. Both Worra and John Thomas (from bigga) responded promptly and efficiently, and the problem was quickly resolved, to my complete satisfaction.

Fantastic tech support! Bravo!

Most people probably don\'t need tech support most of the time, but it sure is nice to be on the receiving end of excellent tech support, on the rare occasion when you need the assistance.

Re: Studio Grand 88

Thanks Lawrence!
    Hope you liked the SG88!

There are detailed reviews on a post from a couple weeks back. Run a search for Studio Grand 88 on this forum... Bigga Giggas also makes a fabulous upright sample, the Rain Piano. I think it\'s a Boston (Steinway) sample. The SG88 is wonderful... bright, airy, & fantastically smooth velocity levels. Can\'t beat the price, it\'s a no-brainer. Be sure to download the updates immediately as you\'ll definitely need them to rid a couple glithces. Their customer service is nothing short of amazing! It\'s no Yamaha (& wasn\'t intended to be), but it\'s the next closest thing out there, of any real quality!

Hi Pianojoe

Thanks for the info. Love your web site and samples by the way.

Originally posted by pianojoe:
    Bigga Giggas also makes a fabulous upright sample, the Rain Piano. I think it\'s a Boston (Steinway) sample.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That Steinway Boston Upright your mentionning is from our Vintaudio Giga Upright Piano Library collection, i don\'t remeber what Woorra used to make the Rain Piano but i\'m pretty sure it wasnt the Steinway Boston Upright,just wanted to clear that up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Vintaudio Prod.

You know the more I listen to Demo 1 & 4 of this piano, the more I think, \'yes - this is the right piano for me\'. I\'ve always been after a close miced piano that has that bright ring to it. As no developers have released a Yamaha yet, I think I may take the plunge. It\'s pretty cheap too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anybody have any strong views on this one? I haven\'t heard much about it recently.

PS I\'m also in the market for a new upright. I did request recommendations in the OT forum but nobody replied. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

The Rain Piano isn\'t the Steinway, but a \"Nordiska Piano\", actually, in this case, it\'s not the brand that\'s important, it\'s how it\'s set up and recorded that makes this a unique piano.

Go Back to forum