• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonar GPO4 Template

Share/Bookmark

Sonar GPO4 Template

I was wondering if anyone had a full GPO4 template for sonar with all the proper panning and all instruments setup.

Regards,

Richard

Re: Sonar GPO4 Template

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had a full GPO4 template for sonar with all the proper panning and all instruments setup.

Regards,

Richard
    --Richard, you mean for absolutely every instrument in GPO?-- That would be spread out over quite a number of ARIA instances, of course. BUT I'm thinking you haven't discovered the Ensembles for GPO yet. Upper right hand corner of ARIA, click and choose GPO - You'll see a slew of set ups for woodwinds, brass, strings. Explore those and see what they are. All the instruments for a given Ensemble name will be loaded for you at once.

--The other note here is that there's really no such thing as "proper panning." There are many different seating charts for orchestras. But the panning defaults that come up with GPO are already good starting points for the more typical seating charts - Just feel free to move things as you want from experimenting.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

I looked under the ensemble and I only see instant orchestra. I looked in the folders and GPO does have ensembles there. Just not showign up in aria.

EDIT: I can manually load them using the load but still don't appear automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    --Richard, you mean for absolutely every instrument in GPO?-- That would be spread out over quite a number of ARIA instances, of course. BUT I'm thinking you haven't discovered the Ensembles for GPO yet. Upper right hand corner of ARIA, click and choose GPO - You'll see a slew of set ups for woodwinds, brass, strings. Explore those and see what they are. All the instruments for a given Ensemble name will be loaded for you at once.

--The other note here is that there's really no such thing as "proper panning." There are many different seating charts for orchestras. But the panning defaults that come up with GPO are already good starting points for the more typical seating charts - Just feel free to move things as you want from experimenting.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

I looked under the ensemble and I only see instant orchestra. I looked in the folders and GPO does have ensembles there. Just not showign up in aria.

EDIT: I can manually load them using the load but still don't appear automatically.
    Ah, you beat me to it. Yes, you can use Import and go to the Ensembles folder. I don't know why GPO's ensembles aren't listed in the Ensembles window. I remember someone else having that problem, but I never found out what the remedy was.

But - importing works just about as well. Just the extra click or two.

Randy

I found out the problem. GPO doesn't install the ensemble folder to the right directory. IO is installed in the actual Aria player presets where GPO was installed in gpo directory. I moved the ensemble to the same folder as IO in aria player folder and it works!

I found out the problem. GPO doesnt install the ensemble folder to the right directory. IO is installed in the acutal ria player presets where GPO was installed in gpo directory. I moved the ensemble to the same folder as IO in aria player folder and it works!
    Super, glad you got it working, Richard. Very odd though - My GPO Ensemble is in both the GPO master folder, and the ARIA Player folder. My guess is because of a much older installation than yours, and things were installed differently then. In the ARIA Player folder you're talking about, "Presets>com.Plogue.Aria," I have folders for all the Garritan Libraries, including GPO. Hmmm.

I'll pass that on to the developers - Maybe there's something wonky in the current installer, or at least in the one you had.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

That is definitely the folder that I had to place the GPO ensembles into and IO was already installed there initially.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Randy,

That is definitely the folder that I had to place the GPO ensembles into and IO was already installed there initially.

Regards,

Richard
    ---Did I say I doubted you, Richard? I know, I repeated exactly what you posted. Yes, all of the Garritan Ensemble folders should be in that ARIA folder, I don't know why yours wasn't installed there. That's why I'm passing this on to the developers. Ah, but let me know which version of ARIA you have - click settings, lower left corner.

Randy

Post Re: Sonar GPO4 Template

The versions I have include:

Aria Player 1.620
    Aria Player 1.622 (win x64)

Regards,

Richard

The versions I have include:

Aria Player 1.620
    Aria Player 1.622 (win x64)

Regards,

Richard
    Thanks, Richard - I think those are the most recent versions available through MM. People who are installing Sforzando through the Plogue site are getting the jump with the newer versions, but I don't think any of that should have anything to do with how your GPO Ensembles only went to one location. I'll find out what I can!

Randy

Go Back to forum