• Register
  • Help

Topic: Converter Samples sounds 2 oct. low ?????

Share/Bookmark

Converter Samples sounds 2 oct. low ?????

When I convert my AKAI CD-ROM\'s with drum-loops the result is gig-files that sound a least 2 octaves too low. I can see that the unity-notes start at midi note 36. How should I set everything up to get the right result!
    Regards Mogens Lenz
    E-Mail: lenzdata@mobilixnet.dk

Re: Converter Samples sounds 2 oct. low ?????

Take a particular Akai drum loop program. What the tuning settings? There are lot s of them:

Octave Shift (global)
    Coarse Tune (global)
    Fine Tune (global)
    Coarse Tune (keygroup)
    Fine Tune (keygroup)
    Coarse Tune (zone)
    Fine Tune (zone)

I would suspect that maybe SC isn\'t getting the Octave Shift? Please post back.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chickensys:
    Take a particular Akai drum loop program. What the tuning settings? There are lot s of them:

Octave Shift (global)
    Coarse Tune (global)
    Fine Tune (global)
    Coarse Tune (keygroup)
    Fine Tune (keygroup)
    Coarse Tune (zone)
    Fine Tune (zone)

I would suspect that maybe SC isn\'t getting the Octave Shift? Please post back.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    When you say \"What the tuning settings\" what do you meen? Settings in GigaStudio or the settings in My Akai s3000 XL?
    I\'m mystified!
    Regards Mogens Lenz

Mogens

I think Chickensys are saying that the S-converter in Gigasampler is not taking into account one of the various S3000 parameters which control the octave of patch playback.

Try transposing the drum loop patch in the GS editor to see if it puts the notes back in the right place. If transposing up by \'X\' octaves works, you\'ll probably find that particular number works for all of the patches.

Good luck
    Rick

Go Back to forum