• Register
  • Help

Topic: In Praise of G-Town Anvils!

Share/Bookmark

In Praise of G-Town Anvils!

This piece utilizes the G Town anvils.

A classic treatise on orchestration states: \"the effect of cymbals [anvils] is in inverse proportion to their use\".

(Yeah, and if you dig a hole that\'s deep enough, everyone will want to jump into it.)

I hope the effect of the anvils in this piece is appropriate. Let me know what you think.

http://www.planetcanadice.com/Music/Anvils____M.__Drost.mp3

Re: In Praise of G-Town Anvils!

Hey, that sounded nice! Almost sinister sounding. Try to not over use the anvils though.

Always fun to hear my samples in pepoeles music.. Enjoyed the composition too!

/Tobias

I like it! Did you play it in yourself? I find that especially the snaredrum isn\'t really \'tight\' from time to time.

Overused? You should hear the piece I made ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

@oM,

I use two different snares programs: one is part of a GM trap set and the other is more orchestral. I tried playing flams and grace notes. Some snare hits may not sound as tight as they should.

I love your piece with the anvils! You have made judicious use of many G-Town samples. It sounds very good. The beginning has a voodoo feel to it. The bongo fills are nice.

Does it consist solely of G-Town samples?

Except for the flute it\'s entirely Gtown. The flute is the free flute fx from Project Sam (www.projectsam.com). So it\'s completely made with free samples [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Gtown and Project SAM!

Originally posted by @oM:
    Except for the flute it\'s entirely Gtown. The flute is the free flute fx from Project Sam (www.projectsam.com). So it\'s completely made with free samples [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Gtown and Project SAM!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">whoohaaa.. the sound of a sharing community) i love this!! btw, working on the darbuka patch now.. will probably take some time cause im quite busy at work at the moment.. but it will be for both Giga and Kontakt.

Heres a sample of it: http://62.13.11.115/darbuka/

/Tobias

Go Back to forum