• Register
  • Help

Topic: Roland, Emu, Ensoniq, SoundFont to Gigasampler Conversions - Translator

Share/Bookmark

Roland, Emu, Ensoniq, SoundFont to Gigasampler Conversions - Translator

Just wanted to again announce that Translator is shipping and has large support for Gigasampler. All the above formats are available NOW for conversion, and also in various bulk forms (entire disks, volumes, directories, etc.).

Translator is currently in use at many media production houses in LA, Nashville, and New York, and is being involved in the scoring of several major motion pictures that will be released shortly.

Currently this is what\'s being worked on:

Giga 2.0 format
    Kurzweil support to Gigasampler
    Akai S5000 to Gigasampler
    Constant refining of translations

For more info, see www.chickensys.com/translator. You can order at www.chickensys.com/translator/order.html

Garth Hjelte
    Customer Relations
    Chicken Systems, Inc.

Re: Roland, Emu, Ensoniq, SoundFont to Gigasampler Conversions - Translator

Interesting!

Can you honestly tell me that Translator does a better job than SConvert? With stuff like Hans Zimmer Guitars and Ultimate Strings e.g.?

Regards,
    Simon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Interesting!

Can you honestly tell me that Translator does a better job than SConvert? With stuff like Hans Zimmer Guitars and Ultimate Strings e.g.?

Regards,
    Simon
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don\'t know, as I don\'t own Translator yet... I can say, however, that I am interested in it because it can read and write to many other formats. For me this is great as my partner doesn\'t have GStudio, but has an Emu ESI 4000.

Concerning comparing it to S-Convertor, it\'s apples and oranges, since Translator doesn\'t do Akai yet.

However, we would like to see some specific information on what S-Convertor doesn\'t do well.

Concerning the other reply, The ESi->Gigasampler conversion is avaialble.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chickensys:

Concerning the other reply, The ESi->Gigasampler conversion is avaialble.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent. Does it write to CD-R\'s to create Esi formatted Disks?

It doesn\'t write the CD-R per se, but you make Virtual Drives within Translator and the just translate/write the stuff in. YOu can then take that \"Virtual Drive\" and burn it to a CD-R using most popular burning programs.

Garth Hjelte
    Chicken Systems Customer Relations

Go Back to forum