• Register
  • Help

Topic: Apology

Share/Bookmark

Apology

Just back from a nice weekend away from computers and I was sad to see, but not suprised, that the animosity continues. Just to set the record straight, I apologise for my response to the attacks that began with Houston Hayes comments. That\'s right, if you look, that was the beginning of the unpleasantness. Anyway, some of these comments really pissed me off, and as usual I just blurted out what I felt. But what I really regret was saying anything that sounded bad about Tom Hopkins. I didn\'t mean it. I always thought that the animosity towards EWQLSO was because of the price, and our announcement would be celebrated. But now I see that there\'s also something else going on. I think part of that is my own fault and part of it is something else. Anyway, I think we have a perfect right to announce a product shipping in 2 weeks. We will post ALL details about the Silver version, closer to release.

Re: Apology

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Just back from a nice weekend away from computers and I was sad to see, but not suprised, that the animosity continues. Just to set the record straight, I apologise for my response to the attacks that began with Houston Hayes comments. That\'s right, if you look, that was the beginning of the unpleasantness. Anyway, some of these comments really pissed me off, and as usual I just blurted out what I felt. But what I really regret was saying anything that sounded bad about Tom Hopkins. I didn\'t mean it. I always thought that the animosity towards EWQLSO was because of the price, and our announcement would be celebrated. But now I see that there\'s also something else going on. I think part of that is my own fault and part of it is something else. Anyway, I think we have a perfect right to announce a product shipping in 2 weeks. We will post ALL details about the Silver version, closer to release.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the apologies Nick. I know I\'m the last person you\'d meant it for - but it\'s a good sign that you stood up in this way. I think your characterization of \"animosity\" is misplaced - at least from my side. I simply seek clarity, regardless of who it angers or embarrasses. Framing your explanation as a pity-me-against-the-world party is not exactly full contrition, but it\'s a start. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

One last thing - it\'s Haynes. There\'s no such thing as bad publicity, as long as don\'t think it\'s someone else. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I meant what I said, no more, no less. And the apology was directed at Tom.

Not that I know anything about this, but looks like everyone made up with hugs and kisses! Northern Sounds still prevails! YAY! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jared

Nick I\'m sure like others I got you for what you meant--it was big of you. You\'re back on my preferred vendors list.

Good luck with the launch of your Silver and Gold Editions.

Nick,

I too got away from the world of sampling for much of this weekend and just now read your post. Apology accepted with my thanks. I’m sure both Gold and Silver will be fine sounding products. This is an amazing time for composers. 15 years ago we would have done almost anything to get our hands on the orchestral sampling tools available today (at all price points).

Tom

Was a very noble thing to do Nick.

Impressed me so much so that we went ahead and bought the EWQLSO! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Even though some of Nick\'s posts made us want to pinch Nick\'s head off (like that guy in \"Kid\'s In The Hall\") it bought him lots of points back IMHO. Tough thing to do, and only the toughest can do it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Toms last post made me finally come up with a short answer about a post that was asked around here a week ago: \"What\'s the short answer when a client asks if the music will be (or is) real?\":

Here goes:

\"Yes it is ALL VERY real - it\'s just recorded a little differently these days.\" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum