• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: VSL announce their stuff!

VSL announce their stuff!

Absolutley stunning demo from Maarten. Today is another very good day for sample users!!!!

Re: VSL announce their stuff!

All the speculators were wrong! hehehe

What a surprise! Saxophone! Guitar!

Great!!! Demo of Opus is really impressive. Lot of orchestral colours....one of the best ever made IMHO. Really seems I have to save much money this month [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Who could have guessed distorted guitar? The Opus demo is exceptional. A fine piece of music Maarten and an impressive mix. Opus 1 - That\'s a lot of sound for $899.

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Well..... Ummmmm, you know...this is kinda a departure from what most of us think of when we hear \"Vienna Symphonic Library\" collection... especially \"Distortion Guitars\". But... hey, I guess that VSL must be \"branching out\" into different somewhat \"non-orchestral\" samples, huh??? Yeah, I can see that the Solo Strings and Opus 1 would sorta fit into the Vienna Symphonic Library genre... but, \"Distortion Guitar,Saxophone and Mallets?\" Not that the demos don\'t sound great, because they really do. It just seems like a big change from their previous endeavors. Anyway, this is just my opinion......... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Gary

I am an instrumental guitarist, and that is basically what I do and I am new to samples as most of you can see to kind of get out of the typical shredfest of guitar and make big orchestral rock instrumentals. In my opinion I thought the guitars sounded awful from VSL. They sounded so fake to me. Maybe to the non guitarist they may sound good but in my opinion they sounded outright bad. I think it is near impossible to get a real guitar sound because their are too many things happening at once, especially tone. I would really like to get a hold of the saxes though. The Opus 1 sounded good, but nothing that impressed me like EW/QL gold. These are the closest I\'ve ever heard to guitar but they don\'t quite have it yet.

Melbourne, Australia

VSL = Vienna Symphonic Library... Hmmm... Now VSL has Overdrive... Its like, MacDonald\'s now offering chicken fried noodles for breakfast, like a McNoodle or something... Oh well... but still good!!! More toys but still no money!!! AARRRGGGHHH!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hi all,

how about a link to these demos guys? I want to be able to listen to these non-orcheatral instruments..(Guitars, saxes, etc...)

Alan Russell

So Opus is basically VSL Mini? And are the solo strings from VSL pro?

The VSLO Opus 1 sounds great. This too may be a no brainer if it didn\'t depend on Gigastudio to run it. (on the PC) I have had a terrible experience with my investment in Gigastudio and do not want to go down that road again. Especially since it seems Tascam has really dropped the ball. EWQLSO Gold is $1000 playable right out of the box (as a VST). GPO and EWQLSO Silver are $249 and $299 and are also playable right out of the box (as a VST). Opus 1 is $899 but requires Gigastudio ($500?) in order to run it. If VSLO is looking for new market share with a cheaper product they may want to consider an alternative to the Gigastudio dongle [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I was hoping for 3 choices under $1000. It seems I may only have 2.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast