• Register
  • Help

Topic: THE BEST SETTINGS: GIGASTUDIO+BUBASE VST

Share/Bookmark

THE BEST SETTINGS: GIGASTUDIO+BUBASE VST

I have a \"little\" problem , I have a PII 300 MHZ with 256 MB RAM , 2 HD , SCSI CARD , HAMMERFALL , LIVE 1024!. I have change the system.ini at the voice MaxFileCache = 66048 but when I rec or play the PIANO STEINWAY B in CUBASE the GIGASTUDIO have problems of sustain and polifony and AUDIO record in CUBASE not is continous.

Please Help me

Re: THE BEST SETTINGS: GIGASTUDIO+BUBASE VST

Hi!
    Well, I would say the PII 300MHz is not quite huge-polyphony-friendly. I used to have a Celeron 333MHz and there were small breaks in Cubase playing when I reached some 60+ polyphony. Even now, with 500MHz processor my system protests when it comes to 80+ voices (usually crashes). And think of it, each note of piano takes-up 2 voices, if you play legato, the release envelopes are still playing even if you left the key and if you use sustain pedal all the notes keep sounding, you easily reach surprising polyphony consumption.
    One thing which might help (apart from stronger system) is to switch-off Audio engine in Cubase provided you only use M
    IDI. It can save quite some resources.

Ondrej

[This message has been edited by ondrej (edited 08-06-2000).]

Re: THE BEST SETTINGS: GIGASTUDIO+BUBASE VST

Dear friend ,
    thank you very much I think that I will buy a new MOTHERBOARD(What?) , CPU( PIII 800MHZ) and other RAM(256+256)

Go Back to forum