• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Thomas_J

Question for Thomas_J

Your demo is great ... congratulation. My question is : do you have the Orchestral Cube too ? I have it and I would like to know if the performance set is better ...

Thank you,

Re: Question for Thomas_J

I\'m not Thomas_J (surprise : ) but I think I can answer that for you:

He said (12th post on this site):

\"Michaelangelo450: This piece was done almost exclusively using the performance set. The cube is used where I call for other instruments like the timpani, although I cannot remember all the details. It\'s pretty irrelevant though.\"

That means to me, he has the cube. Hope this helps.

The thing about the Cube and the Performance set is that they are meant to go together, to complete each other.

It has been explained numerous times but this is basically the difference:

The performance set gives you all the standard woodwinds (solo), brass (solo and ensemble) and strings (ensembles) instruments as TRUE legato samples (+ more goodies - read the VSL site for more information)

If you need special articulations you need the complete orchestral cube as well, which contains complete multisamples of tremolo, staccato, crescendo, diminuendo, sforzando, marcato, fp etc.

So like you see these two sets go hand in hand. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Makes it even harder to decide, I know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But like I said you can\'t go wrong with either one for starters, although if your budget is tight, get the performance set first. You will NEVER regret it.

Hope this helps. For more questions and answers I urge you to go to the forum on the official VSL page. They are very helpful there.

Very Helpful! Thank you!

Does the Performance set that you utilize in your piece consist of individually played notes or are you triggering phrases (as opposed to playing each individual note)?

P.S. Very nice dynamics in your piece.

Thank you,

I have the Orchestral Cube [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but I was looking for the Performance Set [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you again

Marko, the only \"phrases\" in VSL are the runs.

Everything else is triggered just like normal Multisamples

there aren\'t any runs in TJ\'s piece

In fact what he\'s showing off is the legato tool, one of the most amazing thigns I\'ve every heard [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum