• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: The Power Of VSL...

Share/Bookmark

The Power Of VSL...

To demonstrate the out of the box power of VSL, I did this piece yesterday. It\'s done exclusively with the performance set (except x-sample harp and some various brass)

The power of VSL lies in the fact that you can now just compose: i.e record your parts and you\'ll be happy with them with the first take. Thus, this piece took me about 1-2 hours to put together (It\'s not supposed to be any real VSL demo).

From a composer\'s point of view I cannot recommend a better library. The performance set will give you instant gratification and you\'ll be composing music nearly twice as fast as before!

Keep an eye on the VSL site in the next couple of days. I believe there will be some REAL demos then.

http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_Remembering_The_Past.mp3

Thomas

Re: The Power Of VSL...

Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    To demonstrate the out of the box power of VSL, I did this piece yesterday. It\'s done exclusively with the performance set (except x-sample harp and some various brass)

The power of VSL lies in the fact that you can now just compose: i.e record your parts and you\'ll be happy with them with the first take. Thus, this piece took me about 1-2 hours to put together (It\'s not supposed to be any real VSL demo).

From a composer\'s point of view I cannot recommend a better library. The performance set will give you instant gratification and you\'ll be composing music nearly twice as fast as before!

Keep an eye on the VSL site in the next couple of days. I believe there will be some REAL demos then.

http://finjaco.home.online.no/Jazz2k_-_Remembering_The_Past.mp3

Thomas
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">sounds great thomas, pretty much 100 percent convincing.

I particulary like the woodwinds (hell I liked it all).

Thomas, as usual it sounds awesome when it comes from you.. ive told you before, youre the next John Williams.. now, get your to LA and score all those new movies JW is too old for! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Originally posted by tob:
    Thomas, as usual it sounds awesome when it comes from you.. ive told you before, youre the next John Williams.. now, get your to LA and score all those new movies JW is too old for! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

/Tobias
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I hope we\'ve still got some great scores from him to come tho.

Great as usual, Thomas. I second Tob\'s comment.

How many giga rigs on this one?

Christian

Such a great sound, and you say you don\'t have to spend hours, doing micro-editing and other boring stuff?? Amazing...

Are you saying that this is done only with the performance set, without using the cube?
    What is exactly in the performance set?

thanks,

Alex

Haha, cut it out you guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (Glad you like the music but this was just a quicky to show VSL in action)

Christian; I used two dedicated gigastudio comps for this piece.

PS! I hope Williams lives to be 100 years old! Too bad about the news that he probably wont be scoring Harry Potter 3.

Lex: That\'s EXACTLY what I\'m saying. The days of micro-editing are gone, with VSL.
    Read about the difference between performance and cube edition in another thread recently posted.

Thomas

Damn, I\'ve listened it like 10 times.

Nick, please release a short EWQLSO simple demo before I loose it and press all the submit buttons on VSL shop...

Only 2 gigarigs Thomas?
    Dammit. DAMMIT.

Christian

Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    Haha, cut it out you guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (Glad you like the music but this was just a quicky to show VSL in action)

Christian; I used two dedicated gigastudio comps for this piece.

PS! I hope Williams lives to be 100 years old! Too bad about the news that he probably wont be scoring Harry Potter 3.

Lex: That\'s EXACTLY what I\'m saying. The days of micro-editing are gone, with VSL.
    Read about the difference between performance and cube edition in another thread recently posted.

Thomas
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hehe..Thanks Thomas this is what I wanted to hear, no more spending hours with the stupid pencil tool in key edit...LOL! And the strings..nicee.....
    I read about the diferences, but what I\'m curious is your piece, is it done just with peformance set?

Alex

Wow! And only 2 Giga-rigs for the Performance Set only, also astonishing. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thomas, I hope you can do well with VSL and go further!

Hansi

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast