• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Youth discount? What age?

Share/Bookmark

Youth discount? What age?

Hi,

I am considering a special 50% discount for young musicians. But I have to set a limit of age off course. Can we have a discussion about this?

1) Which discount-age would be fair to \"older\" musicians? (we don\'t want to upset them, right?)

2) How could the age be confirmed?

3) Is it a good idea at all?

Re: Youth discount? What age?

Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    Hi,

I am considering a special 50% discount for young musicians. But I have to set a limit of age off course. Can we have a discussion about this?

1) Which discount-age would be fair to \"older\" musicians? (we don\'t want to upset them, right?)

2) How could the age be confirmed?

3) Is it a good idea at all?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">1) Well I am 18, so as long as I can get the discoint I dont care [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

2) Dont you think I sound 18???!!! Is my word not good enough for ya!!??? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

3) YES YES and YES!!! I would definilty buy your libraries if I could get such a discount.

-
    Perhaps a \"youth\" discount is a bad idea, but maybe a \"student\" discount is a better one. Many software companies give discounts to students - Cubase, Reason etc I can get a lot cheaper than the retail price.

And for example, and I forget the name, some univercity gave a discount on the Synclavier sample libraries from ilio and Symphony of Voices available only for their students.

If you did give a student discount, im not sure how you would check up... maybe you could see how software companies check. Maybe make a special form that you have to fill in, where the customer can fill in details about their school/college/ univercity/whatever - you can then checkup yourself.

Ed

In Australia students get a \'Student ID\' card, which looks similar to a driver\'s licence. Microsoft offers large discounts off retail prices for students, and require this ID card to be shown for purchases. I suppose it\'s much easier in person, as the salesman can compare the ID picture with the purchaser.

Ok, I just read you other post. Well, what´s the purpose of an age license? I worked professionally with music when I was 17 - should I be able to buy a discounted license then? I don´t think so. Better to support students instead - and most people 18 and under are also students, so you´d cover them aswell with a student license. Most students are poor (at least here in Sweden!). It would be good to support them. Mayby with even better discounts?

Ask for a photocopy of the student ID , faxed, scanned or snailmailed, and ask for a reference person. Mayby you could ask for grades, and the better grades, the lower price [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] just kidding [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Student licenses have existed a long time in the software market. It usuallly means you buy a heavily discounted license that can´t be used for commercial purposes. And if you do, you need to upgrade that license. Mayby this is the way to go?

Is it a good idea? Discounts are always good [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Seriously, yes, you will probably expand your potential market group.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hi Scarbee,

I think the non-commercial student license is a great idea. I can\'t see an \"age\" license being something that one could adequately control, but a matching student id and drivers license photocopy would give you something that is easily verifiable.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Hi Bruce A. Richardson:

Yes, it seems like the way to do it. Now i just have to find out how to make this happen.

Hi Segerfalk:

You have some very good points. I will make it at 50% student discount - only from my webshop at www.scarbee.com.

I will require a photocopy of student ID , faxed, scanned or snailmailed.

Since you will have to buy with VISA or other credit card (or even giro or bank wire), I can check that the info matches.

I\'m not so affraid of potential fraud - if you want to cheat you will probably pirate it instead.

This is a service for honest customers. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Wow! That\'s very cool! I always wanted your libraries but because I also play bassguitar a litlle bit, I hesitated since I could also get a (cheap) bassguitar and digital amp.

Will there be upgrades to 24 bit GIGA libraries when supported?

Not that my music will probably be ever used commercially, but is the license different?

As of when will the Student discount be applied?

Now I have to wonder if I should buy the All in one bundle or only the basses... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Tom

Hey @oM:

It\'s on NOW! Check:

http://scarbee2.butik.jubii.dk/frames.pml?main=category2.pml&cat=60761762

The EU Shop will be up in 10 minutes. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

There will be 24 bit update - maybe it will cost a few dollars to pay for the manufacturing.

Not that my music will probably be ever used commercially, but is the license different?

Yes. This licence can NOT be used for commercial purposes - but you can upgrade to the \"normal\" version at anytime.

Go Back to forum