• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some things don't change

Share/Bookmark

Some things don\'t change

It\'s almost comforting, really. Amidst all the chaos and frenzy surrounding so many new libs of stunning quality priced for pretty much anybody with an inclination to use them, to see that there are some things you can always count on...

Miroslav Vitous - Symphonic Orchestra Samples - Master Set

5 CD-ROMs $2,495 ----(or GPO, QLSO Silver AND Gold, and Opus1 - all for $4 LESS -including the 49.00 upcharge for gold users to use silver...)

Well, cheaper than I remembered it being anyway [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think I was drooling over this around the same time I was reading up on the latest giga brass gossip here at NS... couldn\'t be much more than only 3 years ago, 4 tops?

truly amazing

mike

Re: Some things don\'t change

Amazing, or DISTURBING? It boggles the mind that the old cow is still so absurdly high-priced. Don't get me wrong, some of the sounds are still kinda cool, even if they are messy and suffering from bad intonation. I like the wind ensembles, although the lack of dynamic layers hurts bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo450
    It\'s almost comforting, really. Amidst all the chaos and frenzy surrounding so many new libs of stunning quality priced for pretty much anybody with an inclination to use them, to see that there are some things you can always count on...

Miroslav Vitous - Symphonic Orchestra Samples - Master Set

5 CD-ROMs $2,495 ----(or GPO, QLSO Silver AND Gold, and Opus1 - all for $4 LESS -including the 49.00 upcharge for gold users to use silver...)

Well, cheaper than I remembered it being anyway [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think I was drooling over this around the same time I was reading up on the latest giga brass gossip here at NS... couldn\'t be much more than only 3 years ago, 4 tops?

truly amazing

mike

Re: Some things don't change

It's dead as a collection of samples. IK and Sonic Reality announced today that they bought the Vitous libraries and will release a Symphonik plugin based on the Sampletank 2.1 engine. It will contain released and unreleased samples, including choirs. List price will be $499.

Go Back to forum