• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: kontakt + kirk hunter solo strings. bad idea?

Share/Bookmark

Re: kontakt + kirk hunter solo strings. bad idea?

well, that is a good idea, and i may just have to do that.

however, I am not totally posistive that this is a Kontakt issue. I have heard that (this could be rumor) it could be an issue with the .gig files them selves.

Sounds like you need to turn keyswitching on for the groups

I am not sure what you mean by that.

there is only ONE group present here; if there were more than one, I could assign keyswitches.

kontakt + kirk hunter solo strings. bad idea?

I seem to be having problems with a couple of the main patches in this set.

It is an amazing set, BTW, I nearly didnt eat, shave, or sleep when i received it.

well, alot of patches work ok.

The romantic solo violin KS patches work just fine, well, most of them.

But with some of the nice Mod wheeled Solo violin patches and Solo Viola, as well as some others, it seems as though all the separate dimensions are grouped together, and played at once, sounding like 1000 chiuauas getting sucked up into a vortex of killer wasps.

Is there any fix for this?

is it just a bad idea to use kontakt?

---against that last thought, I have been using kontakt very successfully with Garritan orchestral strings, with KS. And QL brass\' mod wheel works fine.

what can i do?

this is very frustrating. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I\'m sure NI is working on this right now. many people have requested better Giga support and NI cannot hold out much longer, with Halion claiming of better Giga support.

I haven\'t looked through viola and cello programs yet, but so far I remember that the solo violin and romantic violin programs include separate layers of the mod wheel programs. What I did is to just copied these layers and pasted them into separate groups of the same instrument in Kontakt. Work well. This way, I\'ve learned more about all KH samples too :-)

Marcel, that does look strange. Was it from mod wheel or keyswitching instrument?

In my case, if it\'s originally keyswitching inst., I would get Esp, Hrd, SlDn and SlUp as 4 separate groups, ready to play. But if it\'s originally mod wheel giga inst., I would get only the esp samples, the other three won\'t get converted at all - not all four together in one group like yours.

I\'m on Mac OS10.2.6, by the way, not PC. Either way, I\'d just grab the single dimensions (with multi velocity) of Esp, Hrd, SlDn and SlUp and combine them in one inst. with 4 groups. Seems to be less complicated than trying to decode that matrix nightmare :-)

double post, sorry [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

well that was a keyswitching program, but here is a modwheel:

and heres how it sounds:
    1000 chiuauas getting sucked into a vortex of killer wasps.. clik here!

You know you can do this: click on samples to select them and cut and paste in a new group. (You can\'t drag to select them, unfortunately, because then you\'ll be selecting ALL layers, not just the topmost. At least this is the behavior of the Mac version.) It\'ll be a lot of cliking, but it should work. Do this 3 times and you\'ll get all esp, hrd, etc. separate.

P.S., the ALL sound together is very suitable for punk rock, by the way!

Kontakt does not currently translate GIGA modwheel crossfades at all and they acknowledge this. However, they do have the tools to do it yourself. (see the KONTAKT 1.2 tutorial in the SUPPORT section of the NI web pages.)

GiGA keyswitching is supported. I find it working well, although I have not done extensive work with it.

Go Back to forum