• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Challenge to EWQLSO, GPO, VSLO Win my money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Challenge to EWQLSO, GPO, VSLO Win my money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of good products coming our way but...

I need more info, more demos, more reasons to spend my cash (whether it\'s $250 or $1000 or more).

EWQLSO - Silver demos, instrument lists, solo instrument examples.
    - Gold, solo instrument examples.

Opus 1 - More demos, solo instrument examples

GPO - Hollywood style demo, Solo instrument examples

If these products are close to shipping can\'t one of your beta testers slam out a few examples of french horns, string ensembles etc? I think a lot of us are ready to spend a bunch of money (and invest in your company\'s future). No need to mock up a 4 minute piece. Just 4-5 bars for the solo stuff so we can really here what we\'re about to buy. Project Sam does it, so does Kirk Hunter. Heck send me the libraries and I\'ll pump out a few bars for each of ya!!!! ; )

All the best,

Darren

Re: Challenge to EWQLSO, GPO, VSLO Win my money!!!!!!!!!!!!

You read my mind - just what I wanted to ask!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

What I\'d like to hear is Maarten\'s \"The Moonlit Dance\" redone using only Opus 1 samples.. ESPECIALLY the solo clarinet intro. And then I can almost guarantee, Herb & crew will have my $900 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

GUYS!!!!!

You know, this is exactly the thing I\'ve been fearing about the \"bargain marketing\" and it is coming true.

You are asking busy artists who are producing high quality work, and selling it for almost NOTHING to tap dance like monkeys on a string so they can have your $250.

At that price, guys, why are you subjecting these accomplished artists to such silliness? Come on, that\'s like a bag of pot! Roll the dice. Just make your best guess, throw down, enjoy (they\'ll all be great for something), and be grateful it wasn\'t $1200.

If this discounting leads to this kind of behavior, I think my concerns are starting to look more sensible every day. We don\'t want talented sample developers to be dancing monkeys. Let them stay in the studio and pump out more great work!!

Well.. I\'m after Opus 1, which is nearly $1000. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If it were a library for $250, I wouldn\'t ask questions, I\'d just drop the dough.

Besides, I\'m not asking anyone to do anything.. I\'m just saying it would be great to hear some solo woodwinds (legato) from Opus 1. And I personally feel \"The Moonlit Dance\" is one of the best compositions done with VSL. I think an Opus 1 version would be sweet. I\'m sure Maarten doesn\'t have the time, I\'m just daydreaming.

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    And I personally feel \"The Moonlit Dance\" is one of the best compositions done with VSL. I think an Opus 1 version would be sweet. I\'m sure Maarten doesn\'t have the time, I\'m just daydreaming.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually, my Moonlit Dance demo is almost 100% compatible with Opus 1. So it\'s a waste of time to make an Opus 1 version, as it would be a copy.

All legatos I used are in Opus 1 as well (normal and portamento). Same goes for the pizzicatos of course. And what more is there... It\'s a pretty simple orchestration. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You\'re thinking too complicated. The clarinet solo isn\'t a mixdown of a zillion different articulations. It\'s just one mezzoforte true legato program, and Opus 1 got almost all of those too.

Maybe there are a few 0.5s marcato notes later on in the demo that aren\'t in the Opus 1 edition. I really don\'t know that by heart. But you\'d just take a 0.3s marcato or a shorter sustain with release triggering. It\'s no big deal.

Remember Moonlit was the very first demo I did for VSL. So it\'s all early 1st Edition material. A lot of that is in Opus 1 as well.

Maarten
    www.maartenspruijt.com

Wow, really? Sweet! Looks like I\'ll be buying Opus 1 very early next year, then. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bruce,

I\'m not just talking about the $250 library (and the $295 as well) A thousnad bucks is a lot of dough for me and I just want to be educated on what I\'m getting. Even the dude that spends $250 has the right to know what he\'s getting. When you buy a less espensive car do you just throw downn the dough because \"those poor souls are working their butts off trying to produce them\"? There are ways and means for these companies to provide us with this type of collateral. That\'s half their marketing for crying out loud. Man, I appreciate these tools just as much as you AND the people that make them. But I also apprecitae the dude who makes my computer and groceries etc. We are the consumers and if companies wnat or money (you can bet they do) they may have to show us the goods so to speak. (I\'m late for dinner and the wife\'s gonna yell but I think I\'ve made my point!) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

All the best,

Darren

Dance like Monkeys? Until Gary and then others announced these new cheaper libraries we had never expected something like this. Go read the early reactions to GPO, surprise, surprise surprise!

These fine developers released these packages voluntarily for their own business reasons. You make it sound like we are kicking them when they are down. Even at $250 - $1,000, why wouldn\'t users want to hear a variety of demos before they buy?

I just bought a fantastic solo violin library (16 velocity layers) from Kirk Hunter for only $105. He has a wonderful variety of demos on his site, including demos with no other distracting instruments in the mix, just solo violin.

I think many of us would just like the same opportunity with GPO and the others libraries that are much more pricey than Kirk\'s solo violin. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi,

I have to agree with Bruce. I do not think that it is unreasonable to ask the developers to show more of the upper end libraries (ie give us some demos which show some of the solo instruments - they don\'t necessarily need to be isolated with nothing else though). However, in the $250-300 range for an ENTIRE orchestra? Roll the dice as Bruce says.

There are other libraries which cost more money and they don\'t get these kinds of demands. From the demos provided, I believe that you get a decent idea of how these libraries sound as a whole. If you\'re looking for a specific solo instrument, well, maybe you\'re best off concentrating on dedicated, focussed libraries such as the Kirk Hunter, SAM, etc. libraries. A dedicated solo instrument library can provide more articulations and can be (potentially) more realistic than a general orchestral library. That\'s not a knock on GPO or EWQLSO Silver. These are different tools and it is more like comparing apples to oranges.

Just MHO,
    FV

Go Back to forum