• Register
  • Help

Topic: Query regarding a song sample on Classic Pipe Organs

Query regarding a song sample on Classic Pipe Organs

Hi everyone

I noticed that Garritan now has a sample for organs, and I got curious and decided to check out the information on the website. While there, I listened to the samples, and the Debussy Clair de Lune song sample began to play. I was transfixed and I think it is one of the most beautiful arrangements I've ever heard.

Does anyone know anything about the arrangement, i.e. who did the arrangement; where can I find a complete recording; etc.?

Thanks very much. I'd love to hear more of it.

Re: Query regarding a song sample on Classic Pipe Organs

Hello, James

I'm rather sure that most, and maybe all of the Garritan Pipe Organs demos were done by Robert Davis. His user name is "Cantabile." You can click the Forum Search, advanced search, and type in "Cantabile" in the "user name" field to find past posts from Robert. You could then contact him via the Private Message service which you get to through the link under in the upper left corner of every Forum post. There's a second "Cantabile" with numbers included in the name, and I don't know if that's either one of Robert's alternates or another person. But I checked "Cantabile" just now and found posts from Robert. I think he would probably enjoy hearing from you about his demos.

The Hurricane place

Re: Query regarding a song sample on Classic Pipe Organs

Greetings. Randy is correct, I did this arrangement. This was actually probably the hardest one for me to do because I wanted to keep that "gentle" feel of the piece intact while using a pipe organ.

Again thank you for the comments about the arrangement! Unfortunately I never finished the arrangement past that point. I felt it was long enough to hear the different stops chosen.

Robert Davis
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum