• Register
  • Help

Topic: looking for 70s prog rock samples

looking for 70s prog rock samples

Would like to find some Keith Emerson samples (esp. his unique B3 sound e.g. from Trilogy and Brain Salad days), maybe some Wakeman and Genesis (guitar & kbd) as well, anything else would also be interesting. This would have to run under Giga. Looked on the net for quite a while, but didn\'t find much except that Akai S-series and Ensoniq SCD-4 did sell Emerson quite a while ago. Am willing to put some effort into sample editing if req\'d, but want to avoid sampling from audio CD [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Re: looking for 70s prog rock samples

A sampler is the wrong tool for this purpose, for the reasons already mentioned. Try B4 by Native Instruments for the Organs, and perhaps Pro-53 (also from NI) as a basic analog synth source. What you want to do is tantamount to saying, \"I want a bicycle, but it has to be a horse.\"

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

Well, there is a CD-ROM out there \"somewhere\" called \"Keith Emerson- Dangerous Synths and Organs\" which is suppose to have lots of Emo\'s sounds on it. I have seen it on the net before... but it\'s been some time ago. Get on a search engine & search for \"Dangerous Synths & Organs CD ROM\" and maybe you can find it. Any of ya\'ll ever heard of this CD ROM? (I think it was in Akai format) Gary [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Some more suggestions...

For prog rock keyboards you\'d probably want to find some good Mellotron samples. There\'s several to choose from out there; the first that spring-reverb to mind is a disc called \"Mike Pinder\'s Mellotron\", I think... It was the guy from the Moody Blues, as I recall.

Another popular Genesis keyboard I think was the Pianet, I think it\'s called. I\'ve got sounds on my Roland JV1080 vintage card called \"Roxio Pianet\" I think that are very \"Carpet Crawlers\" sounding.. Check soundsonline.com for vintage keyboard CDRoms and you should find plenty, though I can\'t personally vouch for any of\'em.

for rickenbacker basss i use the kurzweil bass gallery. has all sort of basses from that era and even a few before! they sound great of course you would have to translate to giga if you did\'nt have a k2000-k2500.
    i would like to know how to gte that organ sound from the \" yes\" album. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum