• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Place I'd Rather Be

Share/Bookmark

A Place I'd Rather Be

Presenting a brief video my father just produced, accompanied by a composition I wrote for kaval using Garritan World Instruments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm6XjjPBu6A

Re: A Place I'd Rather Be

"A musical flight through an unknown, wild place." - What a great description for this, Sean.

That primitive flute is an excellent choice of instrument to underscore the sweeping scenery in your father's enticing video. I loved the flutter tongue during that brief swoop through a clump of trees - perfect.

And, I'm really glad to hear the finished piece - You gave me a brief preview awhile back, and now here it is, sounding really nice, Sean. Please tell your dad how much I enjoyed his production.

Randy

Sean! I love it when people put music to videos. This was very cool. It was a nice visual and aural experience. My only complaint is that there was to much DRUMS. (just teasing). The wind instrument sounded great and you captured some nice articulations on it. Thanks for posting this. Jay

Randy, thank you very much for your enthusiastic words as well as for remembering this little ditty from its embryonic stage.

I love GWI and desperately hope that amidst the storm of its acquisition, MakeMusic manages to fix the CC64/68 problem.

I passed on your compliment to my father.

Jay, thank you. I considered placing a slamming snare in the mix at FFFF. Alas, everyone must settle for kaval and the sounds of Nature.

Nice work with that kaval, Sean!

It completes the video just fine, providing it with a very nice atmosphere indeed.

The ambient sound fx are also nice.... they made me remember of the crickets in one of Randy's Tom Sawyer productions

I liked this a lot.

Fab

Went in for a look'n listen but the video is gone now...
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Oh, did I miss something. No video at all.

Raymond

I have absolutely no idea what happened. Something went wrong over at YouTube. I have re-posted the link, so it should work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what happened. Something went wrong over at YouTube. I have re-posted the link, so it should work now.
    How odd, Sean! Here - if you use the "Insert Video" icon in the control panel of posts, the video can show up right here on the thread!

Randy

Thanks, Randy.

Had I posted it as a video, however, everyone would have seen the YouTube dead link frown face, resulting in slightly more embarrassment for me.

By the way, Randy, are you noticing a marked slowing of Northernsounds.com? Whenever I come to this site now, especially after clearing internet cache, it takes a very long time to load. This is different to how it was up to just a few days ago.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast