• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Virtual Kill - my tribute to "Burly Brawl"

Virtual Kill - my tribute to "Burly Brawl"

hello guys,

here is another demo i did, would be cool to get some critics or so. i know its mastered very hard, but i like it dirty on this tune [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

it\'s my tribute to don davis and juno reactor\'s \"burly brawl\", because i think i am in love with that tune [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i hope you enjoy listening

i used:
    strings: steinberg halionstrings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    brass: dan dean
    woodwinds: kompakt library
    percussion and drums: gtown and kompakt lib
    guitar: (real) epiphone custom dropped to c#
    synths: atmosphere, absynth2 and other stuff...

Re: Virtual Kill - my tribute to "Burly Brawl"

Not bad man... 400% better than your last tune I heard! Works really well from 0:40 - I still dont think it has any resemblence to Matrix though, but maybe I\'m wrong

Hey Way,
    As I too take a (not so) guilty pleasure in that Davis/Juno combo, just wanted to say... nice work. You surely got the crunch down and got some nice sounds out of those other libs to boot. And not a high end string lib in site!

good work

Overall great composition. Love the orchestration. A very rich sound. I want to hear more stuff like this.

Thoughts: I love the quiet intro, and it feels like that should return for a bit in the middle of the song. The song is almost constantly loud except for a few short breaks. A longer \"quiet\" section in middle (ala the intro) would be an interesting.

Number one technical complaint, the drums sound too weak, a bit quiet and sampled in nature. This song needs DFH!

Just my opinions....good luck with this!

Great sound !
    It paints a picture on its own.

wow, thx all, for your critics and comments [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    it always helps me a lot to know what to change or that i am on the right way [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

@james: i know about the drums, but i will get dfh soon, just a matter of money [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

@simon: listen to burly brawl !!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Wow! You pulled it off. This worked quite well. The brass swells are spot on. This will definitely benefit from DFH though. Good job.

I like it! (being a fan of the original). Very \"cool\" composition and the orchestration seems to be great as well.

The only thing that\'s not so good in my opinion is the percussion (or it\'s mastering). I\'m not saying it\'s bad either, but it seems to me like it doesn\'t have the impact this kind of music needs.

Still, good job!

Beautiful Work! I can\'t think of much to change. Maybe some super duper bombastic drum roll just before the quieter bits? Fantastic effort!!!

The piece is superb!

DRH will raise this sucker to a real pro quality. I hope you get em.

Great job!

Go Back to forum