• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere - best thing I ever had!

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere - best thing I ever had!

Today I received Spectrasonics Atmosphere and I must say: It\'s the best musical tool I have ever owned! Off course it\'s the sounds that I love - but it\'s so huge and fantastic sounding... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I can recommend it to ANYONE...

It will take days just to go through all the sounds - Eric, you sell this way to cheap!

The best thing is: I hear music with Atmospher - I want to play, man!

WEL DONE.

Get this -all of you

Out of 5 stars: ****** (6)

Re: Atmosphere - best thing I ever had!

I just checked the Spectrasonics pages. Seems that Trilogy is ready to go - I just wonder - where are the demos? ... Spectrum? Any comments on that one. Yes, yes I know. Potential users are way too demanding. But thats why we demand!

Hehehe.

Love - Chris

Sounds great. Everything sounds great. 2003 will be the most amazing year in the sampling world ever. I dont know what to write actually. I am just... Just... blown away...

Only problem - more power - more puters - more, more, more...

Love - Chris

wow. so great to hear someone of your caliber confirm this Scarbee. I\'m still reeling from being blown away by Atmosphere.

-david abraham

I wonder how long it will be before other companies (Cubase, Sonar, etc) adopt this Freeze function. Seems to me like it should have been done already.

I just want to chime in that you can \"Freeze\" in Cubase SX already. It\'s not as seamless as emagic\'s implementation but it is there and works great! SX has always had offline bouncing. You simply set up a macro with a couple of steps: set range to region length, solo track, bounce, add bounce to new track, mute bounced track. You then assign a key command to the macro and you have all of the benefits of freeze with one key command.

This works for VSTi, audio track with plugs, and Rewire instruments such as Reason. You can also remove effects from a already bounced track without bouncing again via the offline process history.

Plus you can also attach another computer running V-Stack ($60US program) via system link that gives you another computer\'s powere to run VSTi and effects in real time.

I really like Logic and was a power user for years but I recently switched to SX and couldn\'t be happier. This isn\'t a \"What Sequencer is Better\" argument. It\'s simply an informational post to show that SX isn\'t necessarily lagging behind. I really dig Logic and DP (also former DP user) too.

Now, back to the discussion on Atmosphere! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

What kind of power does Atmoshpere take anyway? How many can you run simultaneously, and does this mean bouncing down other tracks using realtime fx everytime you plug atmoshpere in? Just curious, because I started to order it the other day, and closed the web page after wondering wether or not I\'ve got the resources to add this right now. (giga machines = maxed out, primary comp running SX is usually dong alot too, and while $60 is a great price to use system link to possibly run it on another SX machine, I don\'t have another SX machine yet [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

I read in another thread that the 2.2 gig bass thingy is supposed to stream direct from disk. If atmospnere did not have to be used a a plug in, I would get it in a heartbeat, but, having absynth, I hate the latency and dropouts that plug ins exhibit. I always use absynth direct and just record to hard disk, Can atmosphere stream direct? in the future??? Like having its own engine! I love Gigastudio, rock solid, no latency issues at all on my 1.2 athlon

Originally posted by KicknGuitar:
    I read in another thread that the 2.2 gig bass thingy is supposed to stream direct from disk. If atmospnere did not have to be used a a plug in, I would get it in a heartbeat, but, having absynth, I hate the latency and dropouts that plug ins exhibit. I always use absynth direct and just record to hard disk, Can atmosphere stream direct? in the future??? Like having its own engine! I love Gigastudio, rock solid, no latency issues at all on my 1.2 athlon
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Latency is a soundcard issue, not an issue with Atmosphere. You can achieve much BETTER timing with Atmosphere than you can with Gigastudio, because of sample-accurate playback in your host sequencer like Logic/Cubase or DPX. Get a good soundcard like an RME Hammerfall and you\'re rockin\'....no dropouts either.

If you want a stand-alone host, just get Chainer or V-Stack. Chainer\'s great and super inexpensive too. Integrated plug-in performace with your host is great though....total recall with your song is quite addictive.

If you guys have any questions about these kinds of details on using Atmosphere and what you need, please don\'t hesitate to contact our tech dept at:

info@spectrasonics.net
    818-955-8444
    888-870-4223 toll free in N. America

They will be happy to help you get up and running. There\'s really no reason for anyone to NOT be using Atmosphere at this point.

best,

spectrum

thanks for the super quick response, I am using Sonar (thus DXi) and Gina24, so... maybe Hammerfall will stop my dropouts? I really want atmosphere from all the rave reviews!

Go Back to forum