• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hey Bruce, what's your opinion of the DDBE trumpets?

Share/Bookmark

Hey Bruce, what\'s your opinion of the DDBE trumpets?

Hi Bruce,

You\'ve been using the DDBE library for a while now, can you tell the NSS users what your opinion of the DDBE Trumpet Ensemble is?

All the best,

Re: Hey Bruce, what\'s your opinion of the DDBE trumpets?

Hey Bruce,

I\'ve heard that the DDBE Tumpets leave some users speechless. Should I assume this???

andyt

I don\'t understand this thread.
    Dan, why are you blatantly digging for compliments ? This seems totally out of character.

(I own DDBE and solo woodwinds.)

Come on, Lee. Going through his posts of the last days I can\'t see where he violated any rule that applies to this board or was much different in his behaviour as other posters on this board (that are not banned). He registered in Sept 1999 and did meanwhile close to 1800 posts. Just to mention the things that might have changed here can\'t be a bad thing if it is even listed in the policies & rules of this board everyone agreed to.
    There is some mystic two last posts left that do not link to one of his though, therefore I can\'t say he did well on these, but hey - being 4 years on the board it can\'t be that bad!

Hansi

Is Bruce really banned? This can\'t be. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I posted this in the OT thread, but would like to add it here as well:

Knowledge and experience are the most valuable commodities in a forum like this, just beneath a willingness to share those things.

Bruce possesses all three. I consider this my loss.

mike graybill

This thread is surreal.

I\'ll allow myself to respond as if I was Bruce then I\'ve been using DDBE trumpets all the time since I got them. They are verb bright and piercing in the fff layer. The only problem with them is there are some timbral/phasing/panning issues with some notes. Some notes sound closer to a harmonica than trumpets frankly. But if you can live with that, they are really good for piercing \"Williams sound\". SAM trumpets have way more articulations and more alternates and stuff though. VSL aren\'t quite as bright and loud, but they are not bad at all either, especially if you don\'t need them to be so bright.

Double post.

Go Back to forum