• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO4 not showing in Aria

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 not showing in Aria

I have GPO4 and the Garritan Pipe Organs.

I have the Pipe organs loaded and playing through the Aria player all fine.

With the GPO4 I have loaded the samples from an external drive and and am able to load them from Kontakt and authorise at Native Instruments but they do not show in Aria player.

Do I need to load the GPO4 from the discs again or is there a way to point the Aria to my GPO4?
    (And if do need to load from discs will this not overwrite the newer version of the Aria player that came with the Pipe Organs)

Thanks for any help.

Jonathan
    YoPo Music

Re: GPO4 not showing in Aria

Both GPO and ARIA should be installed on your hard drive.
    If then you open your sequencer,( in my case SonarX-1) you have to INSERT Aria as a VST instrument. In Sonar it is done from Insert> Synth>Gerritan Aria. On the same page I can check if Aria was scanned properly.
    Then it should show up in your sequencer. As you will click on Aria, the synth-page will show up without any samples loaded. You click on on channel and select GPO>Normal>the samples should show up and you can select one for that channel.
    I did (when I got my GPO-4) the same mistake, trying to start Aria...
    It would be helpful if you would include in your question what equipment you have.Saves time!

Hope this will help

Ted

Hi - thanks for the reply, I'm using it with Logic Pro.

I can load up Aria - and I can go to an empty channel in the player and get the drop down box to load.
    I get the Pipe Organs and sections but not the GPO.
    If I try and import - I can go to where my GPO is installed and try and load an instrument e.g. violins.nki - but that doesn't work.

It's as if I need to tell Aria somehow where to find my GPO...

J

Quote Originally Posted by yopomusic View Post
    ...With GPO4 I have loaded the samples from an external drive and and am able to load them from Kontakt and authorize at Native Instruments but they do not show in Aria player...
    You seem to have an older version of GPO which ran in Kontakt and which was authorized through Native Instruments, as you're describing. For several years now, Garritan Libraries, including GPO, all run in the Garritan ARIA Player - Native Instruments has nothing to do with the Garritan line anymore.

Randy

I bought GPO4 upgrade back in 2009 - and that ran in the Aria player fine.
    But since then I have changed Mac and the question is about getting GPO4 to show in Aria like it used.

Do I need to re-install from the disc or can I point Aria to here I have the samples and various .nki etc?

Thanks
    Jonathan

Hello again, Jonathan - Sorry you're still having problems.

I guess at some point you used the full Kontakt to adapt and re-program GPO4, since off-the-shelf, GPO4 is only programmed to work in ARIA. There are no .nki files that come with it - The ones you're referring to must have been generated by you when you made the Library work in Kontakt?

GPO4's programming is in the SFZ format, so it's SFZ files that open in ARIA, not .nki files, the Native Instruments format.

I would recommend you re-install and let GPO's installer place things where it wants. People manage to set things up in a customized way, with samples on a separate drive like you're apparently doing, but I've seen people often having trouble with doing that. I've always kept it simple, letting the installers put things in their default location, and that's always avoided any problems.

Randy

Hi - thanks Randy for the reply.I think what it is - my original version of GPO used Kontakt. I then subsequently bought an upgrade to GPO4.Anyway as suggested I've downloaded fresh versions of GPO4 and the Pipe Organs and reloaded everything and all seems fine.Thanks again.Jonathan

...I think what it is - my original version of GPO used Kontakt...
    There you go - That's what I was pointing out in my earlier reply, that you were trying to load the original Kontakt version of GPO in ARIA, which doesn't work. Forum formatting for posts keeps getting messed up, making it difficult to read posts that use quotes - you probably didn't notice what I was saying.

Glad you have things running again.

Randy

Appreciate your help Randy.

See you have a link to demo the sounds of all 75 stops on the Garritan CPO - I've just finished a new recording of
    the Widor Toccata - if you're interested in hearing it it's here:
    https://soundcloud.com/jonathanslatt...a-symphony-no5

Thanks J

Appreciate your help Randy.

See you have a link to demo the sounds of all 75 stops on the Garritan CPO - I've just finished a new recording of
    the Widor Toccata - if you're interested in hearing it it's here:
    https://soundcloud.com/jonathanslatt...a-symphony-no5

Thanks J
    Nice recording! Thanks for posting the music, Jonathan - It's an exciting piece of music, very well produced by you. It was nice to see in your text at Soundcloud, "...using the excellent Garritan Classic Pipe Organs virtual instrument..."

It would be great if you could post this in The Listening Room where users share their music. More people will find it that way and have a chance to not only hear your work, but also hear how this is an excellent demonstration of the new Classic Pipe Organs Library.

Randy

Go Back to forum