• Register
  • Help

Topic: Romance for Violin & Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Romance for Violin & Orchestra

https://www.box.com/s/c5bb10bea37cf77ed37b Link - all EWQL SO Platinum+

This is an oldie, from 2007/2008. Firstly Randy B. helped with the Garritan Stradivarius, but I never could get the understanding for it. So later I re-rendered the piece for only EWQL SO with the Solo violin from that package.
    This piece was dedicated to my wife on the occasion of being 40 years together.

Since we are all "nostalgic", why not?

Have a fine weekend, folks,
    Raymond

Re: Romance for Violin & Orchestra

To me, you are a kid, I have twenty years on you. My marriage is also 20 years longer.
    You call this an old work. Well, I think it is really beautiful. Everything is great about it.
    I am older than you in musical sense also. I feel, that as this piece is going on in a beautiful harmony, you will continue in that fashion. But, you are far more modern, and suddenly there is an unexpected twist, an unusual (to me) harmony, out of the previous line. In a way, this work of yours is educating my ears to accept this, and enjoy it too.
    I hope you'll forgive my rambling. It is truly a treasure you created. Keep going on the same line and let us enjoy some more.
    Thanks for posting it.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    To me, you are a kid, I have twenty years on you. My marriage is also 20 years longer.
    Ted
    Thank you, daddy

So you are 89 years? At least your body......

Raymond

OK, Son, but I am only 85, in a short month 86.
    Nevertheless, your piece is great, I listened to it three times, liking it more and more.
    (And my brain is mash, only music lives in there and some crazy old memories.)

Thanks again..

Ted

Go Back to forum