• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free VST impulse reverb convolver for PC (BETA)

Share/Bookmark

Free VST impulse reverb convolver for PC (BETA)

Hi All,

I just ran across this on another list and it looks quite interesting. I haven\'t had a chance to test it. The author has tested it using CuBase on an Athlon system. My source tested using Logic (don\'t know about the host). I\'m curious if anyone is aware of this and h0ow well it works.

http://home.t-online.de/home/520073787260-0001/index_plug.html

Thanks,

Steve Chandler

Re: Free VST impulse reverb convolver for PC (BETA)

Thanks for the link, while I won\'t use it due to bit-rate limits and the 18 second max, it\'d be good to keep an eye on. I also wanted to point out that there\'s a useful link on that page for impulses in general. Only had a sec to run through a couple of them, but some aren\'t terrible.

www.echochamber.ch

I suppose this is like sampling a Steinway without paying Steinway and Sons for it? ie) sample Lexicon or TC reverbs? Was wondering at the legalities here.

I cant run it realtime at all. Neither in Wavelab or Logic.

same thing here.. i get about 500ms delay. But it atleast runs in cubase

By \'not running realtime\' I meant it doesnt run at all Like.. stutter-stutter-Logic-engine-complains etc

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    By \'not running realtime\' I meant it doesnt run at all Like.. stutter-stutter-Logic-engine-complains etc
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">oh... go back to what you came from [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] SX rulez!

That´s funny...the opposite for me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I can´t run Acoustic Mirror without stutter, but this one runs up to 6sec.-Impulses without probs, what will be great for most of my needs.

Perhaps that´s because it´s done by a german *lol*

Hey Simon,

I successfully ran it in Logic with no problems, but the latency is far too high to use on a send/return basis. I\'m sure you have a pretty powerful Athlon/K7S5a system, yes? Same as me. My CPU is an 1800, and the performance meter indicated plenty of headroom still left.

Must be something you need to check in your system.

Chris

I have it running on a 2.16Ghz P4, and I got the famous Logic \'system overload\'-something box almost right away. No sound. Tried with different audio buffer sizes, didnt matter.

Ah, the developer mentions that he has only tested it with an Athlon CPU so that may be your problem.

Chris

Go Back to forum