• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Gypsy Dance"

Share/Bookmark

"Gypsy Dance"

Y'all,

This is my "Gypsy Dance".

All instruments are from the Garritan GPO sample library.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Gypsy Dance"

Dear Larry,

Your humour has many faces. This quip made me laugh. I expected a totally different dance (Gipsy...) and it started for God's sake with a harpsichord. But suddenly, a small reference to the gipsy scale (harmonic minor scale) entered the exposé. This is humour at it's best. Have you had a career as musical comedian? You would have been the best!

Thanks again, Larry

Max

Re: "Gypsy Dance"

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Dear Larry,

Your humour has many faces. This quip made me laugh. I expected a totally different dance (Gipsy...) and it started for God's sake with a harpsichord. But suddenly, a small reference to the gipsy scale (harmonic minor scale) entered the exposé. This is humour at it's best. Have you had a career as musical comedian? You would have been the best!

Thanks again, Larry

Max
    You are perceptive. The entire composition is meant as a tongue-in-cheek work. Can't you just see this band of Gypsies (we spell it with a "y" here in the USA.) out in the middle of a forest with a crackling camp fire and with a full-size harpsichord and an orchestra complete with tympanies.

I have written several other similar nutty things including one in which the clarinet player plays all of the wrong notes.

Thanks for listening.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum