• Register
  • Help

Topic: nasty nanny (romantic love song!)

Share/Bookmark

nasty nanny (romantic love song!)

This features the GSI VB3 organ. It also uses JABB horns. Please give a listen. Thanks Jay

www.jesse.us.com/nasty.mp3

Re: nasty nanny (romantic love song!)

Groovy, polished, very sleek sounding. Good piece and good mix. The organ is very nice and the guitar is ... played live? If not... what to say....

This is a very good listen. Thanks for posting it, Jay. How productive are you?

Fab

Hey Fab! I'm glad that you liked this. I think the organ is a pretty decent sounding hammond b3. This is a demo that I am using. The guitar parts are live. Thanks for the listen. Jay

HEy now, that's down right nasty nice, Jay!

Top notch - I'd go for that organ, sounds great to me. I hear how you put it through its paces in this tune.

Good stuff, pal.

Randy

Thanks Randy! But come on. Somebody has to say something about a song with a name like "NASTY NANNY" being called a romantic love song. Anyway. Thanks for the listen and comments. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    ...come on. Somebody has to say something about a song with a name like "NASTY NANNY" being called a romantic love song...
    um-yeeeeah, I think we're all saying "What the...?"-and pretending we didn't notice. OOOkay - I'll bite - what's with the title?!

Randy

Oh, I was just trying out some absurd humor since the music and the title are so far away from any kind of love song. Maybe I would have gotten a better comedic effect if I called it a "PIRATE SONG" since I got so much response on that in the past.
    Thanks for re posting. Jay

Nasty Jay,

Have you ever fallen in love with your nanny (and she turned you down, nasty - and probably ugly - as she was). As a kind of revenge (or overcompensation), you wrote an extremely beautiful vintage, swinging love song. Music to heal the wounds of love.
    Hahahaha, just kidding. But psychologist would certainly come up with a plausible explanation for the correlation between title, style, song and childhood history...
    All jokes aside, this is a jolly good song (without words).

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Max

Sounds fantastic. Organ and guitar are superb of course, but also what you've done with them.

Masterful groove. I could not separate that from a full band performance.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks a lot Max! The thought of a "nasty nanny" has a bit of grit to it. I think this song also has a touch of grit. Psychology aside, I am glad that you liked this.

Plowking. I really like the organ sound on this. I will probably end up purchasing it.

Thanks to you both for listening and nice comments. Jay

Go Back to forum