• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Accordion Samples recommendation?

Accordion Samples recommendation?

Hey all,

This \'quirky organic\' comedy film project is getting quirkier by the day. Now the director would like some \'accordian\' in spots. Can anyone recommend what it considered the best current value here (is there an accordion on GPO [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

If there are any other libraries that would add to this comedy please let me know. It is \'played out somewhere in the southwest\'. I\'d kill for a good mouthharp and spoons if that was available (if these two are available from one library the better it would be). The budget is somewhat limited but, within reason I can expense the libraries.

Many thanks.

Re: Accordion Samples recommendation?

Try Bardstown Audio Accordian library.

I bought the Post Accordians for a comedy score as well and I\'m very happy with the purchase. I ended up using the library a lot - who knew having accordians would be so useful....

I second Jeff on the accordions. I also got them recently, and they are awesome! Wonderfully recorded and very fun to compose with. I highly recommend these.

Hi Rob,

please check out www.accordionize.com

well, it\'s a little add, but ...

cheers, andy

your site does not work for me - I click the buttons on top, but nothing happens...

OS9, IE 5 [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hi Christopher,

we are in the middle of a server change, it should work in a day !

andy (sorry for that)!

Originally posted by shushki:
    Try Bardstown Audio Accordian library.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is a great library...not sure how they would work for comedy...but I have found them quite versatile. They can really add a lot of \"spice\" to tracks.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

I\'ve used both the Post and Bardstown Accordions. The Bardstown instruments are really NICE instruments (read: expensive) and are very elegant. The Post instruments are a lot funkier--they remind me of an accordion shop I wandered into in old Amsterdam with shelves full of every funky accordion you can imagine. They\'re a little rougher and in your face.

As for comic use, probably either one will do. You can rough up Kip\'s library with some EQ and DSP. You can\'t un-rough the Post Accordions, but they sound nice just the same. I have a meeting in a few minutes, and have to split, but will try to dig up some mp3s of those instruments later this afternoon.

The Bardstown \"Classic Accordions\" are available in Giga, Kontakt, HALion, and EXS24 sampler formats and are the first 24 bit sampled accordions in the world. All notes were chromatically sample recorded with full durations and without pitch shifting. All top of the line vintage professional accordions were used in this project... Excelsior Symphony, PANcordions, Bell Symphony, and Sano Concert Master. These accordions were sample recorded using the very best professional equipment and recording techniques.. Apogee, Millennia, Avalon, and DPA B&K 4012 130 volt cardioid mic\'s.

These accordions in the \"Classic Accordions\" collection are suitable for all styles of accordion music as depicted in our many demos on our web site.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio

Go Back to forum