• Register
  • Help

Topic: Accordion Samples recommendation?

Accordion Samples recommendation?

Hey all,

This \'quirky organic\' comedy film project is getting quirkier by the day. Now the director would like some \'accordian\' in spots. Can anyone recommend what it considered the best current value here (is there an accordion on GPO [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

If there are any other libraries that would add to this comedy please let me know. It is \'played out somewhere in the southwest\'. I\'d kill for a good mouthharp and spoons if that was available (if these two are available from one library the better it would be). The budget is somewhat limited but, within reason I can expense the libraries.

Many thanks.

Re: Accordion Samples recommendation?

How about \'Best of Bolder\'?

Lots of wacky stuff on there, including accordions, banjos etc etc. Not extensively multisampled by any means, but they do seem to work really well.

There\'s a very positive review of the set here on Sound on Sound.........

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Aug02/articles/samp_bolder.htm?session=24bfc8bdc96cbbf0a5804e40b9 ceecca

Look here There\'s even a demo.

Alex Cremers

Hey Steve and Alex,

Thanks for the links - I\'ll check it out right now.

edit: The Boulder sounds are not bad and considering the eclectic mix, may be the best for what I need. I thought the fortepiano would work for cues where my PMI Steinway \'just sounded to polished\'. The lakota flute was nice as well.

I always like Post\'s work, but for this project I don\'t need \'that much accordion\'. Didn\'t see any \'spoons or mouthharps\' in Boulder though [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Any other suggestions?? Thanks.

Hi Rob,

Where\'s Lawrence Welk when you need him!

Anybody who is at the point of \"expensing\" to the project additional libraries needed has to be doing well. The things I\'ve heard so far for this film are wonderful.

Classic Accordions from Bardstown Audio. This is the most complete set of sampled accordions in the world.

There are many mp3 demos of the accordions on this page... a few accordion demos at the top of the page and many more as you scroll towards the bottom.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio

For quick and cheap accordians there is http://www.wizoosounds.com
    Look under ethnic and world instruments.
    Downloadable and inexpensive.
    I have one of the tango accordians and it\'s not bad for some stuff.

Thanks everyone - I will check these out.

What, do REALLY quirky instruments like \'spoons and mouth harps??\' I could just record these, but....

Thanks again.

your diversified accordian library is superb!
    Great Samples always bring out the best in my real time playing...I have always felt confident with your library due to the fact that you are an expert accordianist among your other talents..

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum