• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about Kontakt...

Share/Bookmark

Question about Kontakt...

Can anyone tell me what the odds are of me being able to port sounds over from GIGA to Kontakt successfully....which means, I don\'t have to go crazy editing stuff to get it to sound right?

I\'m particularly interested in how Purfect Drums and Real Giga Drums would translate...REAL GIGA has layered performances which have room tone, overhead tone, and close miked drums.

Will this be a huge hassle or will it work at all? Thanks for any input...

Re: Question about Kontakt...

From what I understand, Giga files can be ported to Kontakt for the most part, but some \'fidelity\' may be lost along the way in that the samples are native to Giga which makes full use of the attributes of the sample, most of which have to do with performance nuances, etc.

This may not be the best place to discuss Kontakt ports [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Question about Kontakt...

Originally posted by sybernut:
    From what I understand, Giga files can be ported to Kontakt for the most part, but some \'fidelity\' may be lost along the way in that the samples are native to Giga which makes full use of the attributes of the sample, most of which have to do with performance nuances, etc.

This may not be the best place to discuss Kontakt ports [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Maybe, but there are lot KONTAKT posts up here.

For me, getting out of Giga would be wonderful. I could just stay on my Mac where Pro Tools and everything else I do is...that\'s no offense to PC folks...just would mean one less piece of gear spinning in the room, etc.

Thanks though, from what I\'ve learned elsewhere Kontakt does a good job of importing, especially the newest version.

Go Back to forum