• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and QLSO - Kontakt or Kompakt - and what about Intakt?

Share/Bookmark

GPO and QLSO - Kontakt or Kompakt - and what about Intakt?

Question - maybe someone knows who has spoken with Native Instruments - I\'m wanting to get Intakt. I also want Kontakt. But I don\'t NEED kontakt super bad right now. I could get by with just the free kompakt players that come with GPO and QLSO. I\'m not going to be doing much other sampling for a while. So here\'s my question:
    1) What is the real advantages of running GPO and/or QLSO in Kontakt over Kompakt? Basically you can edit? Isn\'t that it?

2) Does anyone know if there is an upgrade from Intakt to Kontakt? If I go ahead and buy Kontakt I can buy Intakt for only $99. But if I buy Intakt can I save $99 on Kontakt? Just curious.

3) Anyone care to add anything else to this? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

Re: GPO and QLSO - Kontakt or Kompakt - and what about Intakt?

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Question - maybe someone knows who has spoken with Native Instruments - I\'m wanting to get Intakt. I also want Kontakt. But I don\'t NEED kontakt super bad right now. I could get by with just the free kompakt players that come with GPO and QLSO. I\'m not going to be doing much other sampling for a while. So here\'s my question:
    1) What is the real advantages of running GPO and/or QLSO in Kontakt over Kompakt? Basically you can edit? Isn\'t that it?

2) Does anyone know if there is an upgrade from Intakt to Kontakt? If I go ahead and buy Kontakt I can buy Intakt for only $99. But if I buy Intakt can I save $99 on Kontakt? Just curious.

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yea ,the crossgrade for Kontakt owners is $99. Supposedly the LIb. that comes with Intakt is very good. But u could do the same beat slicing etc in the NEW version of KOntakt 1.5.
    Kontakt 1.5 is NI`s flagship sampler and does more that any other sampler on the market today that i know of.
    The ROMpers Kompakt the comes with GPO and EWQLSO are like Jr. versions of Kontakt so u can do alot more fancy stuff importing ANY lib. into Kontakt 1.5.
    If u have Kontakt I wouldnt bother with Intakt unless u want the Lib.( I still may get it,$99 bucks isnt much)
    Check NI`s crossgrade page to find out the pricing on the crossgrade from Intakt to Kontakt..Hope this helps, Rich

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">J-,

The main reason for using KONTAKT woud be if you wanted to make your own programs - you can\'t do that with the \"players\" - however, our player uses the same audio engine as KONTAKT, so if you don\'t need to edit or make your own programs, you don\'t need KONTAKT.

With regards to your second question - NI haven\'t specifically listed an upgrade from INTAKT to KONTAKT, but they have an upgrade price of $229 from KOMPAKT to KONTAKT, so it\'s likely to be the same.

I hope that helps.

- Doug

You can load 16 instruments into one instance of Kontakt versus 8 in either the Kompakt or Kontakt players. I wish the players would allow 16 instruments especially since they don\'t allow program changes.

I have done the math and it seems like it would be more cost effective to purchase Kontact first for $269 and then upgrade to Kompact and Intact for $99 each. All three products for $467. If you get Kompact first for $169 then go for the upgrade and crossgrade your total is $497.

It is only $30 dollar difference if you decide to get Kompact first, but these days that will buy you at least the viola section of an entire orchestral library.

Bryan E. Miller
    Sensory Overload Music
    sensoryoverload@adelphia.net

Thanks guys for your responses. I was beginning to think on one liked me anymore since all my posts have gone unanswered for a few days!

So does KONTAKT do EVERYTHING intakt does? My understanding of Intakt is that it\'s like recycle on steroids. All sorts of loop manipulation. A mixture of recycle, LIVE, and a sampler. Am I wrong in this understanding? That seems like this would be a totally different product then Kontakt. Yes? No? I\'d love to only get 1 piece of software [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

I\'d love to only get 1 piece of software [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Then you should get KONTAKT - all of the functionality of KOMPAKT and INTAKT in one piece of software - and the only option for editing.

- Doug

Cool, sounds great!

Kontakt is $US399

dougrogers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, the list price of Kontakt is $399, but the best street price I have found is $269.

Where?

Go Back to forum