• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway D Light Edition demo

Share/Bookmark

Steinway D Light Edition demo

Upon request here is a PMI Steinway D light edition demo 9 MB download.
    It features fresh samples, 8 layers of velocity, release samples, rich resonance...see my other post on this topic.

Re: Steinway D Light Edition demo

Excellent sounding demo! Which of your light pianos would work for both rock and orchestral? Don\'t have much money at this time for libraries and both of your lite versions sound great.

Ditto, ditto. Sounds better, somehow, than other mp3 demos of this sample. I want it. The one used in THIS mp3, that is. Can\'t find anywhere to order it on your site though. Only the full version order form seems to be there.

There is some soft stuff here, at least to my ears. Very, very nice. Hardly sounds like the Steinway D I remember you doing Michiel. What\'d ya do to it? Come on. Fess up! This demo\'s the best I\'ve heard of this piano, period. Just sounds SOOOO different from the other demos of the Steinway. Is it a different patch or something???

JG

Great sound Michiel!. Is it very playable at the ppp/pp level of dynamic because I so often find sampled pianos sound great but are not so effective at quieter passages?. I enjoyed the demo but would have quite liked to hear a series of very quiet chords.

Still at the price you\'re selling for, there\'s nothing to complain about!.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
    The Steinway D light edition uses some eq-ed samples. We removed a little noise and added some brillance.
    And here is the Bos290 LE demo

BTW I did this last piece with Kontakt and I\'m not completely shure the conversion was 100% accurate in terms of velocity layers and response.
    It sounds good to me but I\'ll have to compare it with Giga though.

Michiel Post

Originally posted by Michiel Post:

BTW I did this last piece with Kontakt and I\'m not completely shure the conversion was 100% accurate in terms of velocity layers and response.
    It sounds good to me but I\'ll have to compare it with Giga though.

Michiel Post [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Michael. Nice work!

I assume you used the newly released Disk-streaming version of Kontakt (1.2) when you made the demos? I\'ve heard several complaints about the conversion should be even less accurate than version 1.1... The disk-streaming though does seem like a nice feat.

For solid conversions I\'m a big fan of Chicken Systems TRANSLATOR. Knowing Garth, he will quickly implement correct Giga-to-Kontakt 1.2 conversion in his software.
    He is a genius in the things he does!

Michiel Post

Go Back to forum