• Register
  • Help

Topic: OLD pipe Organ

OLD pipe Organ

Like Bach. I\'m looking for something Gregorian/gothic sounding. Any ideas?

Re: OLD pipe Organ

I am not sure what you really mean (\"Bach\" and \"Gregorian\" are entirely different things to my mind) but if you are after a serious \"old\" (18th century or earlier) organ sound you should investigate some of the recent sample sets for the \"Hauptwerk\" pipe organ sampler program. Try these links:

Yeah, cause Gregorian implies Gregorian chant, which is unaccompanied and predates Bach by about 10 centuries. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gothic, I understand. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, so Gregorian WAS a bad word. I don\'t know what the organ sound is I\'m looking for. it\'s very airy, and sounds about 300 years old. That\'s about all I know. When I said gregorian I was thinking harmonically... the piece I was working on was alot of open 5ths and it would have been a cool sound, but now it\'s off being mixed - however I\'d still be interested in picking it up to have in the future. I don\'t guess it matters - i was just hoping someone would have a suggestion that night I was working on it - Oh well.

Thanks anyway

Check out my free church organ on http://www.gtownsounds.com/ . I\'ve switched host recently so if you try it, please report if links or files doesn\'t work. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Tobias. I\'ve already downloaded it. It\'s a GREAT organ and I\'ve used it before - but it\'s not the sound I\'m looking for. I\'m going to try to find a recording and post it. Maybe someone could identify the sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum