• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Machfive - the new sampler

Share/Bookmark

Machfive - the new sampler

hello,

http://www.motu.com/

they have a new product !

Machfive ! (compatible .gig with diskstreaming)

look at this !

http://www.motu.com/english/software/machfive/specs.html

Regards,

Olivier

Re: Machfive - the new sampler

Looks quite useful, but I don\'t see anything there mentioning disk streaming.

Did I miss it?

I was kind of confused when I saw the first post\'s signature name and then the 2nd post\'s user name. \"Oliver, meet Oliver..\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I didn\'t see anything about disk streaming either. but they\'ll probably jump on the band wagon...there\'s no reason not to.

\"Disk streaming (the ability to stream very large samples from hard disk) will be offered as a free update ...\"

where did I hear that one before?

right, i\'m agree with you !

Strange...

Diskstreaming is annonced (for Kontakt too, Native instruments had promised an update for diskstreaming within 2 weeks )

Wait and see !

Olivier

Disc streaming was a very clever innovation that Nemesys came up with and it took them quite a while to iron it out (anyone here remember v.1?). I\'m not surprised that the competition isn\'t quite there yet. Funny to think that what Nemesys came up with 5 years ago, the competition STILL hasn\'t caught up. Personally, I have my reservations about whether or not MOTU\'s going to pull it off. It\'s not as simple as they might think or else everyone else would be doing it by now. I did see Kontakt working at NAMM, but it is now 3 months later than they expected and I also heard by someone who works with this streaming beta extensively that it\'s not so hot on anything less than a 2Ghz PC. Giga did it flawlessly on a 400Mhz!
    -J

Streaming update for Kontakt is available as of today...ESX mkII has it and so does HALion.

Not far off for Mach Five either.....

spectrum

True, true. I had forgotten about those. I didn\'t realize that you didn\'t need to go kernel level to do streaming anymore. That sheds some light on how the \"me too\" companies are pulling it off. Thanks for the correction!
    -J

Go Back to forum