• Register
  • Help

Topic: Non Ti Scordar Di Me--classic Neapolitan ballad

Share/Bookmark

Non Ti Scordar Di Me--classic Neapolitan ballad

I've heard some wonderful stuff in this forum--thanks. This is my first effort at adding orchestral parts to my band's music. I've dreamed of doing this for years and didn't know about the software. This is our recording of a Neapolitan song written in the early 1900's. I added sounds from Garritan Instant Orchestra to the band's recording and overlaid video from a couple of live shows. The orchestration comes in about halfway through the song.

Any input or recommendations are much appreciated.

Re: Non Ti Scordar Di Me--classic Neapolitan ballad

Bravissimo!!!!

Dongios, I had noticed that before this music video post, you had already made a very nice debut here on the Forum, writing responses to members' music - NOW, this morning my wife and I have been swept away by The Don Giovannis' superb rendition of this wonderful ballad. We want to fly to Italy - right now!

Beautiful - just beautiful--And your integration of GPO, with the lush strings, sweeping Harp, Timpani - I think there's more, - you did a superb job! That had to be a tricky project, laying in the tracks to the recording which already existed.

Now, this orchestral addition to your tracks, coupled with the live performance footage - it all makes for a simply great promotion for your group.

Thank you so much - We've had a warm, wonderful start to our day thanks to your beautiful music.

Randy

Very nice! Very nice! I think that I'm in love again

You did a very good job of laying down the tracks. I like it.

Let us hear more of your work, please.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Rbowser & Larry,

Thank you so much for the nice words about our work. It's been a thrill to be able to use these wonderful sounds.

Dongios,

What a wonderful presentation! Your use of Garritan sounds provides the perfect compliment to your mix. The new elements are not too loud, or too quiet; they are just right.

I can see why you wanted to do this. Strings are really effective when it comes to heightening the dramatic power in refrains.

This is such a beautiful piece and your band performs it well. The added orchestra parts sound very nice indeed. I think it is a great idea to show video of your band along with the orchestral arrangement. I think that this is a great post. Thank you for that. Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    This is such a beautiful piece and your band performs it well. The added orchestra parts sound very nice indeed. I think it is a great idea to show video of your band along with the orchestral arrangement. I think that this is a great post. Thank you for that. Jay
    Jay & Sean,

Thank you very much for your very encouraging input.

Just fabulous. Very impressed by the mixing of the library into the song. Wonderful performances!
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Hi Dongios,

It's obvious that you've always wanted to do this, you should have started a lot earlier, because what you did is so enjoyable, so natural. The Garritan overlay just fits like a perfect shoe to the existing recording. If you wouldn't have mentioned it in your introduction, almost nobody would have noticed it.

Well done, bravissimo!

Max

Go Back to forum