• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Website hosting

OT: Website hosting

I know alot of you have your own websites that you keep and maintain. I\'m looking to start one as well and was wondering if anyone can share a good provider that they use and have great results with. (ie, accepts a good volume of traffic and sample downloads, etc).

Re: OT: Website hosting

I\'ve been hosting my website (www.audioandmidi.com) at www.datapipe.com for about 3 years now. Their servers are very fast, great technical support, and fair prices. I pay $59.95 per 3 months which gives me 500mb of storage and about 3gb of traffic per month. Need someone to design your site? :-)

My site is hosted by http://www.olm.net/, which has been working great. A while back, they were rated as one of the best by cnet.com, in particular because of great bandwidth.

For like $20/month, you get 500MB, 10GB/month bandwidth, your own IP AND automatic realaudio streaming. This means if you throw a realaudio format file on your site, it will stream when accessed, without any scripting or anything on your part. Certainly a nice feature. And they have a nice comprehensive admin interface to easily upload files and configure email accounts, etc.

Yeah if you need someone to design your site in flash/html send me an email [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You can go to my old site to see my work in use, I have advanced like 10x since then though My site [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum