• Register
  • Help

Topic: piano+orchestra music excerpts

Share/Bookmark

piano+orchestra music excerpts

Hi all ,

As promised before , here\'s some excerpts of works for piano and orchestra , only done with small libraries before GOS , SIS , VOTA , VSL , QLSO . Piano is GigaPiano . There were recorded between 2000 and 2002 .Dies Irae was virtually recorded as presentation before live performance . The two others are parts of edited cds .

Excerpts from :

Chamber music for 11 instruments (1st mvt - ms31.MP3)

Variations for piano , orchestra and choir on Dies Irae Thema ( 9 variations out of the 19 - DiesXX.MP3)

Main thema from \"The Voice of the Spirit \" (sft2.MP3)

Sorry for the split in some pieces , but I have a limit of 4mb file size from my provider .

Mp3s link :

http://harmony2.chez.tiscali.fr//music.html

Wish you a nice listening ..

Re: piano+orchestra music excerpts

It\'s so nice to hear that good old GigaPiano once again - I have almost forgotten how it sounds! It got easily run over by other larger, more complicated, more powerful piano libs, but it\'s still a beauty, isn\'t it?

Thanks for the music! It does show that you are
    so well-versed from Bach to Ravel, from Prokovieff to Rachmaninoff and much more! I especially liked Dies10Part2 . The ending just put my morning under a spell.

Nhick

Thanks Nhick . Yes , this old gigapiano is still a beauty . Technically not perfect , but he has a soul , and sound close to a real one when mixed in orchestra , and even in solo ( rare..) . I don\'t feel that soul in the others piano libraries , excepted maybe the PMI Bosen , which seems to be very nice sounding ..Waiting to classically test it before purchasing ...

Thank you Harmony2 for posting those. I\'ve only managed to download the ms31part1+2 (chamber music for 11 instruments), but I enjoyed it very much.

I hope you do not mind that borrow some words I used to describe some of Faure\'s music, because I feel the words apply here too:

\" ... the music is like a babbling brook. Something musical is always flowing by but one is never able to grasp it.\"

Beautiful!

(The piano does have character.)

YbaCuO

Originally posted by YBaCuO:
    Thank you Harmony2 for posting those. I\'ve only managed to download the ms31part1+2 (chamber music for 11 instruments), but I enjoyed it very much.

I hope you do not mind that borrow some words I used to describe some of Faure\'s music, because I feel the words apply here too:

\" ... the music is like a babbling brook. Something musical is always flowing by but one is never able to grasp it.\"

Beautiful!

(The piano does have character.)

YbaCuO
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks YbaCuo for your poetic words .This music was written one day of very special intimate mood ..
    Sorry for your unsuccessful download .. I checked , and it seems to be ok for everything .

Go Back to forum