• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to sample

Share/Bookmark

How to sample

Can someone point me to a website or describe how to sample from a jv1080? Thanks.

Re: How to sample

Hello Ryan, I did a search on Google and found this site.... I don\'t know if it will help, but thought I\'d post the link for you. Good luck............ [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Gary

http://qs-cards.netfirms.com/12record.htm

Ryan... Okay, I think that this is what you\'re looking for:
    http://www.websteraudio.com/smdefault.asp

Good Luck..... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ryan,

I use a 2080 quite a lot. And have to record from it to create audio tracks before using fx etc...

What is it you need to do..? Are you recording into a sequencer or an audio program... such as soundforge...etc.

The reason i ask is that if you mean sampling to create an instrument from the 1080 then you just need to capture the various scales into some audio software. Then put them into something like Kontact or Reason etc... (Afer tweaking them to your hearts content)
    But if your recording as part of a track into a sequencer ie cubase etc.. then you should be able to take a direct audio stream from your mixer or soundcard straight onto an audio track within the software.

As a fellow JV user i would advise using some of the Direct outs from the back of the Synth as they should bypass any inbuilt effects that are put on by the synth.

I am actually using the jv 1080 into Sonar 3.0. I normally go from the direct outs into a mixer, then the mixer into a soundcard. Basically Thomas looked like he had a good program but it is a $100 and the jv 1080 is only worth like $350 (I have an expansion board).

Go Back to forum