• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opus 1 on a Mac

Share/Bookmark

Opus 1 on a Mac

I can import Giga libraries into Halion on a Mac, but it sounds like Opus 1 has tools (similar to Maestro tools?) for legato performances, etc. I assume these tools will not work on a Mac? If not it seems like there might be a large portion of Opus 1 that I would not be able to use. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I like the way the Opus 1 demos sound, but maybe EW Gold, with the built-in Kompakt alternator, would be a better bang for my buck on a Mac. Please tell me if I am wrong.

Re: Opus 1 on a Mac

The Performance Tool only works in Logic on the Mac.

Originally posted by Marsdy:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Marsdy. It looks like a large portion of Opus 1 is not useable in Halion on a Mac. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Oh well, at least it makes EW Gold vs. Opus 1 decision easier.

Originally posted by Tarkio Road:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Marsdy:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Marsdy. It looks like a large portion of Opus 1 is not useable in Halion on a Mac. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Oh well, at least it makes EW Gold vs. Opus 1 decision easier.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kontakt ( Mac ) also . I saw somewhere that they`re working on it for Kontakt .
    But I have no idea when its going to work ....

To be honest I think it was silly of Vienna to make the Performance Tool for Logic only on the Mac, if they\'d made it a standard tool like on the pc then they\'re be selling a lot more copies right now. What\'s the point in making it for Kontakt - it already works in Kontakt. Its the Performance Tool on the Mac that doesn\'t! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Hasen:
    To be honest I think it was silly of Vienna to make the Performance Tool for Logic only on the Mac, if they\'d made it a standard tool like on the pc then they\'re be selling a lot more copies right now. What\'s the point in making it for Kontakt - it already works in Kontakt. Its the Performance Tool on the Mac that doesn\'t! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Maybe I don`t know the Performance Tool very well .

I saw that Performance Tool works with
    EXS (E-Magic`s softsampler) , so I thought that
    the Performance Tool works as a combination with the
    sampler. So I thought it would be great if it would
    work with Kontakt (NI`s softsampler) . Or am I wrong ?
    What does the Performance Tool have to be compatible
    with to make work ? The sequencer ?

just to clear that: the performance tool exists for mac (OS9 & OSX) and PC (W98/2K/XP) - the only difference is the way it\'s chained into your midi stream.
    while logic/exs mkII is a monolithic application it has been neccessary to release the performance tool for mac as a plugin in logic (thanks to emagic, because AFAIK it\'s the first 3rd-party software running within logic/exs)
    the performance tool for windows is another beast - it works as a standalone tool, which is hooked between the sequencer and the sampler (if both are on the same machine you will need virtual midi ports additionally)
    and of course it is possible to run a setup where your sequencer is on windows and your sampler is exs within logic on a mac and vice versa your sequencer is logic on a mac and gigastudio on a pc using the respective version of the performance tool.

although i have to admit, i like the GUI of the mac version more than the actual GUI on windows ;-)

christian [vienna symphonic library]

Originally posted by christian marin:
    just to clear that: the performance tool exists for mac (OS9 & OSX) and PC (W98/2K/XP) - the only difference is the way it\'s chained into your midi stream.
    while logic/exs mkII is a monolithic application it has been neccessary to release the performance tool for mac as a plugin in logic (thanks to emagic, because AFAIK it\'s the first 3rd-party software running within logic/exs)
    the performance tool for windows is another beast - it works as a standalone tool, which is hooked between the sequencer and the sampler (if both are on the same machine you will need virtual midi ports additionally)
    and of course it is possible to run a setup where your sequencer is on windows and your sampler is exs within logic on a mac and vice versa your sequencer is logic on a mac and gigastudio on a pc using the respective version of the performance tool.

although i have to admit, i like the GUI of the mac version more than the actual GUI on windows ;-)

christian [vienna symphonic library]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thank you for explaining about the Performance Tools [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    So the Mac version is a plugin and has to be compatible with the sequencer . Unless a standalone version of it
    for Mac is released. I`ll keep this in mind .

Thanks !

Veron

veron, i don\'t think it makes sense to develop a standalone version for mac actually. the various products are released explicitely for logic/exs24 mkII (regarding mapping, the need for streaming, ect) and it is really tricky to route midi out from logic to send it through the performance tool and route it back to access an instance of exs, although you can do it using channel splitters.
    another story would be if you like to use say DP as sequencer, but then i guess you would like more to use machV, or kontakt as a sampler (solutions are already under investigation - no timeframe available) but i feel also this would rather lead to a plugin than a standalone app
    christian

Yeah , I think your right . It`ll be great if they release the
    Performance Tool as a plugin for Digital Performer.
    BTW , I`m using Digital Performer 3.11 and Kontakt 1.2.1 right now .

Thank you for your replies [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Veron

Go Back to forum