• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "The Brass Ring"

Share/Bookmark

"The Brass Ring"

This is my "The Brass Ring", featuring the GPO harpsichord along with other GPO instruments.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "The Brass Ring"

Larry--it's a delightful and uplifting composition, and nicely played too. Full of spirit

I have not been around for awhile. I periodically step outside of music for several weeks and come back with a fresh set of ears and mind. I am glad I decided to catch up on my listening here. Very pleasant piece to listen to on this nice spring day. I have come to expect nothing less.

Listened to many of your compositions, and was tempted to comment but somehow it never happened.
    In my mind I always book you as an admirer of Bach, and I hope you forgive me, I am not suggesting that you are imitating Bach, simply your counterpoint and sometime fuga-like treating of melodies reminds me of Bach. I consider this, and I hope you also, as a compliment.
    This Brass Ring however is a 90 degrees turn from your usual style, and it is delightful also.
    Thanks for posting it,

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by dongios View Post
    Larry--it's a delightful and uplifting composition, and nicely played too. Full of spirit
    Thank you and welcome to this forum.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Listened to many of your compositions, and was tempted to comment but somehow it never happened.
    In my mind I always book you as an admirer of Bach, and I hope you forgive me, I am not suggesting that you are imitating Bach, simply your counterpoint and sometime fuga-like treating of melodies reminds me of Bach. I consider this, and I hope you also, as a compliment.
    This Brass Ring however is a 90 degrees turn from your usual style, and it is delightful also.
    Thanks for posting it,

Ted
    I appreciate all of your nice comments, Mister Ted. Thanks very much.

You are invited to visit my music website: http://www.alexandermusic.com

Best regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    I have not been around for awhile. I periodically step outside of music for several weeks and come back with a fresh set of ears and mind. I am glad I decided to catch up on my listening here. Very pleasant piece to listen to on this nice spring day. I have come to expect nothing less.
    You MUST drop by more often, Mister Richard. Don't be a stranger.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to "... ..... Ring".

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

So glad I didn't miss this one of yours. This is instantly one of my faves of yours. Love the constantly changing keys in the harpsichord pronounced waltz section. I have to admit, that like Randy, harpsichord is not one of my favorite instruments, but in this case it was the perfect choice. The harpsichord really accented the waltz beautifully.

On the emotional level, it reminds me when I was a kid at a carnival riding the merry-go-round and having a blast.

I had a blast with this too. Thanks so much for posting it!!!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Larry,

So glad I didn't miss this one of yours. This is instantly one of my faves of yours. Love the constantly changing keys in the harpsichord pronounced waltz section. I have to admit, that like Randy, harpsichord is not one of my favorite instruments, but in this case it was the perfect choice. The harpsichord really accented the waltz beautifully.

On the emotional level, it reminds me when I was a kid at a carnival riding the merry-go-round and having a blast.

I had a blast with this too. Thanks so much for posting it!!!

Cass
    Thanks for listening and responding, Mister Cass.

I hope that you are continuing to improve day by day healthwise. Live long and prosper!

I will now listen to your latest posting.

Your friend,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very quirky - definitely has that merry-go-round feeling to it.

This would be excellent for a merry-go-round scene where it's not a nice one to be on - a creepy fairground with a menacing carny!
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast