• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thanks for Restoring the Orchestration On Line Examples

Share/Bookmark

Thanks for Restoring the Orchestration On Line Examples

I have not been around for a few weeks. I periodically step outside of a music for a little while and generally seem to come back fresh. Just wanted to say thanks for restoring the examples to the online orchestration course. I find them invaluable.

Re: Thanks for Restoring the Orchestration On Line Examples

Your post made me check again, Richard. The scrolling score playback is working for me. But, taking Lesson 1 as an example, right below the seating chart there are three videos. It says "Flash Player 6 or higher is required"--well, that text is very old. I have the current version of Flash, 11.6.602.180, but for me the videos are still just black boxes that don't work.

Are those playing for you?

Randy

I hadn't noticed that but when I checked sure enough I have the same black boxes. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    I hadn't noticed that but when I checked sure enough I have the same black boxes. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
    OK, thanks for that confirmation, Richard. It must be very old, out-moded code, the way it's referring to that ancient version of Flash. This has been reported several weeks ago, seems like there has to be a simple fix of just using current Flash code.

Randy

For what it's worth it does work for me. Now I did recently downgrade Flash to 10.3 because I'm a firefox 20 user and was having issues with frequent crashes. One of the solutions I read about was to downgrade flash.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    For what it's worth it does work for me. Now I did recently downgrade Flash to 10.3 because I'm a firefox 20 user and was having issues with frequent crashes. One of the solutions I read about was to downgrade flash.
    Hi, Steve - Thanks for your post on this. Curiouser and curiouser - I'm on Firefox 20 also, but haven't had any crashes. And those videos weren't working for me several weeks ago before I upgraded my Flash to the current one. It's so maddening the way things behave differently from machine to machine - so many variables.

And you for sure are talking about the videos, right? Not the scrolling, animated scores, but under those, and under the seating charts, there are videos.

I wonder what could be done to make them universally operable?

Randy

I stand corrected. I was just looking at the flash playback scrolling scores. I do see there is an updated version of flash available which I may install for grins.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I stand corrected. I was just looking at the flash playback scrolling scores. I do see there is an updated version of flash available which I may install for grins.
    AH, Ok - Right the scores are working, but the videos aren't. I have the current version of Flash, just installed it in the last couple of days, and it's no dice.

Let me know if you get it working though.

Randy

Go Back to forum