• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My first giga compositon ----> (?)

Share/Bookmark

My first giga compositon ----> (?)

Hello,

How are you all? I hope fine.

Here my first composition with gigastudio. What do you think about it?

http://www.northernsounds.net/useruploads/img3e2e70e04564b.mp3

Re: My first giga compositon ----> (?)

Ooops, there is no melody ???

1. Think, you should have a lead-instrument to play a melody. It is too empty now.

2. Drums are way too dry and a bit cheap. There are a few sources to get even free excellent drumkits for giga or soundfont.

Hmmm.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Tank you for you answer

Well, heck... for your first ever, it\'s pretty good [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Don\'t ever stop... keep composing.
    Yes, drums are kinda dry. You can hide a little of stiff drum tracks with some reverb. For a very cost-effective drum solution, look at Drumkit From Hell.

Maybe you were planning a lead vocal where the melody is absent?

Cheers.

What\'s with you people and HAVING to have melodies? Does it say in the rulebook in order to have good music you need to have a melody?

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    What\'s with you people and HAVING to have melodies? Does it say in the rulebook in order to have good music you need to have a melody?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">thats the old school thought I believe, \"if i can\'t whistle it...it ain\'t music\".

i don\'t agree, but each to thier own, especially with music.

Nice start, but I agree with those that say it needs a melody and bass. In fact, it feels like the backing track to song for me. Maybe time to write that hit single! Keep going!!

Chris

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, actually it does...but not so much a rule as it is just what works best.

But I don\'t think that melody necessarily means a \"whistle tune.\" What it does mean is a structural foreground, a main point of interest for development. For instance, in this case, while the drums sound pretty dry and up front, they might be just fine when there\'s a foreground. What I hear now is all mid-ground and background, with nothing in the foreground.

Khems, I\'d try two things. First, try to find a feature instrument to put in the foreground and to take the melodic lead. Second, give the song a bridge, so it\'s got a departure and another point of interest. Try to really vary up the arrangement on the bridge, so that you get a good contrast.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

disregard...double post

Regarding the drums being dry, if you close your eyes during the demo, you will notice that the drums, sounds like if they are at 50 cm (~2 feet) from your head, and all other instruments at a middle/far distance.

Make this kind of tests to improve your demos. And dont stop composing..

Go Back to forum