• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reverb plugin

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Reverb plugin

Hi Randy,

Some time ago (I guess 3 weeks) somebody on the forum (Garritan) mentioned an affordable reverb plugin in which could position the mikes and the place of the orchestral groups. I had then a quick look at it, but somehow I forgot all about the original website or how it is called. Could you remember this plugin? I know this is very little information. I was looking for it quite a time, but didn't find it back.

You would do me a great favour (and maybe to other members as well).

Thanks in advance,

Max

Re: Reverb plugin

Some time ago I bought Origami which used to be made/distributed through Yellow Tools but has been picked up by Magix. When I just went to look for the separate download though I couldn't find it.

I think it's bundled in their sampling engine called Independence. But it has some positioning and if used as a bus effect can provide some realism for sections of the orchestra/ensemble.
    Steve Winkler GPO4 JAAB3 Finale 2012 Reaper Windows 7 Pro 64-bit VSL SE+

An excellent, crystal clear and seriously affordable reverb is Valhalla Room.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallaroom
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

You may have meant Virtual Sound Stage by Parallax Audio. It's 99 dollars. It looks interesting but I haven't bought it as it is an audio plug-in, not a midi plug-in, and I don't bounce all my midi tracks as my current system may not be able to handle it.

Thank you all.

I guess it was the Virtual Sound Stage I meant.

Thank you for the hints. Other suggestions are very welcome!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    You may have meant Virtual Sound Stage by Parallax Audio. It's 99 dollars. It looks interesting but I haven't bought it as it is an audio plug-in, not a midi plug-in, and I don't bounce all my midi tracks as my current system may not be able to handle it.
    Hi, Michael

I guess you must be using one of the reverbs in ARIA for your projects? --All reverb plugins are for audio. If you have any reverb plugins in your recording software, you can still use them even though you don't bounce your MIDI tracks. The sound of ARIA and any other software instruments you use have their sound routed together so you can get your final 2-track master mix-down.

You may not be using any buses, but it's easy to add them. Then, a reverb plugin can then be placed in a bus, with Sends from your soft synth audio tracks splitting off percentages of the signal to be run through the FX in that bus. Or you could simply strap a reverb plugin to a Master bus which is a good thing to have in your projects regardless of how you mix.

The point is - You have audio tracks already, the ones coming from ARIA etc.-Their signals can be effected with a reverb plugin, without having to bounce your MIDI to audio tracks. You have more options than just the two reverbs in ARIA.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Michael

I guess you must be using one of the reverbs in ARIA for your projects? --All reverb plugins are for audio. If you have any reverb plugins in your recording software, you can still use them even though you don't bounce your MIDI tracks. The sound of ARIA and any other software instruments you use have their sound routed together so you can get your final 2-track master mix-down.

You may not be using any buses, but it's easy to add them. Then, a reverb plugin can then be placed in a bus, with Sends from your soft synth audio tracks splitting off percentages of the signal to be run through the FX in that bus. Or you could simply strap a reverb plugin to a Master bus which is a good thing to have in your projects regardless of how you mix.

The point is - You have audio tracks already, the ones coming from ARIA etc.-Their signals can be effected with a reverb plugin, without having to bounce your MIDI to audio tracks. You have more options than just the two reverbs in ARIA.

Randy
    Hey Randy, I just saw your remark. I've never been able to figure out the whole bus thing. Maybe it's because I can only drive an automatic...I love the Garritan Reverb on Aria, you can use the slider on the Sonar track view to adjust each instrument. It's the best reverb I've found for GPO, it seems perfectly tailored to those instruments. But on my East West tracks, I do put a reverb effect on the synth track. I used the Sonar Lexicon on Skating. On my current project, I'm using the free Kjaerus reverb from the suite of effects you can download. (It's amazingly good, free or not). I have to have some basic reverb while I'm working. Then, on the audio track (the recording of all the midi tracks), I use EW Spaces, it really gives it a nice finish. I've always wished I could adjust each midi track's reverb, like you can do on sonar (but only with Aria). Then I wouldn't have to worry how I load the EW Play Synth (e.g. all strings or all winds). Would the bus thing solve that? Could I adjust an individual midi instrument's reverb using a bus? Or group together the woods on one bus, the brass on another, etc.? I've never been clear on that. Thanks in advance for what I know will be a terrific response,

Go Back to forum