• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a way to use my Roland XP-80 as my sequencer for Gigasampler?

Share/Bookmark

Is there a way to use my Roland XP-80 as my sequencer for Gigasampler?

I have a Roland XP-80 and currently use Cool Edit Pro to record my songs into. If I get Gigasampler Full Edition, will I still be able to use my Roland XP-80 as my sequencer and play the samples of Gigasampler into Cool Edit Pro to record my songs then burn to CD from Cool Edit Pro?

Re: Is there a way to use my Roland XP-80 as my sequencer for Gigasampler?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    I have a Roland XP-80 and currently use Cool Edit Pro to record my songs into. If I get Gigasampler Full Edition, will I still be able to use my Roland XP-80 as my sequencer and play the samples of Gigasampler into Cool Edit Pro to record my songs then burn to CD from Cool Edit Pro?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your setup seems to be different than what I have. I couldn\'t simply to answer it, maybe I just tell you what I would do and some questions:

1> Do you own any Giga? SEQ program?
    2> Get the MIDI-audio-seq like Cakewalk, Logic or Cubase. If you don\'t have it, try to get the trial-version, make sure it works for you
    3> which soundcard do you have? you need a GSIF compatible one
    4> Use the Roland XP-80 Workstation as the keyboard controller instead of the External SEQ-Machine. Perhaps you can export the XP-80-SEQ to MIDI files then run it from the Soft-SEQ which is described on the item 2 or other that you have.

Conclusions: your setup to use the XP-80 + MIDI-IN (SOUNDCARD) + Gigasample, I guess it should works fine (make sure you have good GSIF soundcard), and after you have the capture to wave form Giga you could import them to the Cool Edit Pro then down-mixing it and burn the CD. I\'m not sure you can run it SIDE-BY-SIDE like to run XP-80->Giga->Cool Edit Pro at same time, maybe it works? Honestly, I don\'t think anyone here is having same your setup and maybe that why no One could helps on this including myself.
    Anyone has any ideas? Nemesy?
    Just a thought, good lucks,
    LHong

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 08-15-2000).]

Re: Is there a way to use my Roland XP-80 as my sequencer for Gigasampler?

Not too familiar with the XP-80, but as long as it transmits MIDI, all you need is a MIDI adapter for your computer (I got a 2in 2out USB one for $80). You fail to say if Gig and Cool Edit are on the same computer. I\'m assuming yes. What you can do is use the Audio capture Giga provides to record Gig and import the wav files into Cool Edit. What kind of soundcard you using?

Another option is using some sort of Virtual Audio Cable software. If your soundcard is not a GSIF card, they you\'ll probabaly want to record each individual track seperately as you won\'t have multi channel capability going out of Gig

Go Back to forum