• Register
  • Help

Topic: Miroslav Vitous Acoustic Piano not sold anymore?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Miroslav Vitous Acoustic Piano not sold anymore?

Anyone who is possitive about this library, or is everyone negative about this library?

No... (nothing too good) I have it... and I never use it. It\'s really NOT good at all. Especially when compared with the really great piano CD ROMs that are out there. Check out the EastWest Steinway B.... It\'s Terrific! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Gary

Why the fascination with Miroslav\'s libaries? Quite frankly, they\'re pretty much outdated. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well... maybe a little outdated ...but, in my opinion, the \"Miroslav Vitous Strings\" have a realism that is hard to beat. They\'re very \"thick\" sounding. Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Gary M. Thomas:
    Well... maybe a little outdated ...but, in my opinion, the \"Miroslav Vitous Strings\" have a realism that is hard to beat. They\'re very \"thick\" sounding. Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ll agree that they have character but the library is just too outdated (only one velocity layer if I remember correctly, not chromatically sampled, not enough articulations, etc.) to sound realistic these days. If someone needs fresh strings with character and emotion one should take a look at the SI strings.

Miroslav Vitous Acoustic Piano not sold anymore?

Is the Miroslav Vitous Acoustic Piano not sold anymore? I can\'t find it anywhere.

I bought it.
    It was horrible.
    More distant than even the grandioso \"far\" set.
    I think ilio still sells it. Its in there catalog.

www.ilio.com

Your answers are clear, the library is outdated. So why does MV then still cost so much. It\'s like selling a television of 10 years old at even a higher price then the newest televisions.
    I do, of course, have a lot of other libraries, AO XSamples etc., but I\'d like to have this one just to complete my collection, but not at the price that\'s asked for it.

If Miroslav Vitous still wants to earn much money of his libraries, he should upgrade them to todays standards. I find it even kind of bad to sell outdated libraries at the same price of a whole new computer.

Ya know, I\'ve heard some demos of the miroslav strings from, and I\'m pretty impressed by the character of the strings. I can\'t put my finger on it, but there is a very attractive warmth to the sound. I\'d love to have these strings, but they\'re just way to pricy.

I'd love to purchase the original Miroslav piano library

I'd love to purchase the original Miroslav piano library if anyone here owns it or knows someone who does.

( I know that Philharmonik has some of this )

Please email me at my web site or PM me.

www.musicinspiresyou.com

thanks
    Paul

PS. If this is the wrong place for this message please let me know.

Go Back to forum