• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXS24mkII crossfades- sticky problem

Share/Bookmark

EXS24mkII crossfades- sticky problem

The modulation matrix in EXS24mkII is a great improvement, but the crossfade parameter can only be set globally, it seems. That means that it is difficult to find a value which works for velocity AND modulation crossfading of samples. In other words, stronger playing (higher velocity) should trigger louder samples but the mod wheel should also allow dynamic crossfading through the samples of a sustained note. So far I only get phasing and doubling when programming a sound to respond to velocity and modulation in this way.

Any EXS cracks out there have a solution? I know there aren\'t only GIGA/PC Users on this forum :-)!

Thanks
    Nigel

Re: EXS24mkII crossfades- sticky problem

My experience is that you have to \'live\' in the edit window, instead of setting the parameters on the main skin/interface. Maybe set your mod wheel prefs in the \"groups\" and velocity settings in the individual samples or \"zones\".
    I ran into the same problem your having (I used to use the EXS exclusively until recently),and my experience is that the EXS24mk2 just doesn\'t do it quite right. I also had a problem getting the mod wheel Xfade actions/etc to match. It always sounded like another sample being faded in as opposed to an instruments performance,as the gigastudio does so well.
    And believe me, that\'s saying alot - I can\'t stand looking at the giga interface, and I\'m not a big fan of PC.
    Hope I\'m helping.

-Nathan (or Nate Dogg, as some like to call me)

Re: EXS24mkII crossfades- sticky problem

Thanks Nate, that does give me a clue....:-)

One thing I really DON\'T want to have to do though is to set velocity limits for every individual Zone -with Dan Dean winds for instance (8 layers,semitone samples), it would take hours and hours!

I wish the Emagic .pdf manual for EXS24 eplained things better (it\'s only in German, which I can read)- I don\'t understand why Emagic should do a radical update like EXS24mkII and then not explain it properly!!!

I\'ll post if I get any further on this.

Nigel

Go Back to forum